PDA

View Full Version : Gudday from Invercargill, NZ!

Gomez
15-05-2008, 09:40 AM
Hi there everyone! Glad to actually find a decent VR-4 resource out there, and one that also caters for NZ too! :) Many thanks to the Club VR-4 admins and owners.

Anyway, I reside in the sleepy little 'town' called Invercargill which is located at the arse of NZ. Invercargill has a population of about 60,000 people and gets spurned a lot by the rest of NZ.

I drive a 1997 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4, V6 2.5l twin turbo beast with a lot of Apex'i gear in it, and a fair whack of Ralliart gear too. :pimp2:

Well, I must go and browse these forums over a beer or two anyway.

Gomez.

Louis
15-05-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi Gomez,
welcome, get some photos of your car posted, sounds interesting, One of my mates (from NZ), who was working in Glasgow, Scotland, went back to Invercargill a month ago.

KHK
15-05-2008, 05:10 PM
Invercargill is good , convenient for those interested to visit frequently the South Pole

TAR
15-05-2008, 05:37 PM
/Welcome

Ryan
15-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Welcome Gomez - I have the distinction of actually having lived in Invercargill from 1982 - 1986 :)

:afro:

KHK
15-05-2008, 08:40 PM
1982 - 1986.??? TWO decades ago ! LOL

Ryan
15-05-2008, 10:02 PM
1982 - 1986.??? TWO decades ago ! LOL

Still counts doesn't it? :P

Rosco_NZ
15-05-2008, 11:57 PM
I lived in invercargill from 1983 till 2001, i then studied in dunedin until 2005 and finally moved to wellington in 2006.

so incase you havn't guessed invers is the hometown, represent! (i miss it)
still return to catch up with family and friends as often as possible.

have pride! invers is not actually that bad, bugger all traffic. cheap! the cost of living (i.e u can BUY a tidy house with large section and still have money left over after repayments etc for the same as what you pay in rent in wellington for a ****ty 1 room appartment) admittedly the watering hole options are limited but just means you always run into someone you know.. best of all its close as to the best ski fields in the country and some of the best lakes as well (Lake Hawea/Wanaka) not to mention roads... (rally southland/otago) and has its own track as well (teretonga park).

if NZAS would just give me an IT job down at tiwai i would be back there in a flash.

p.s. /Welcome2 TO CLUBVR4! /Welcome

Fully
16-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Hi welcome.
I hate that place :P
I had to walk 6 blocks down Dee st with a broken foot, after a kickboxing tournament. 6 blocks is a long way.

LOL KHK Chch is the gateway to the South Pole ;)

Gomez
16-05-2008, 08:32 PM
I lived in invercargill from 1983 till 2001, i then studied in dunedin until 2005 and finally moved to wellington in 2006.

so incase you havn't guessed invers is the hometown, represent! (i miss it)
still return to catch up with family and friends as often as possible.

have pride! invers is not actually that bad, bugger all traffic. cheap! the cost of living (i.e u can BUY a tidy house with large section and still have money left over after repayments etc for the same as what you pay in rent in wellington for a ****ty 1 room appartment) admittedly the watering hole options are limited but just means you always run into someone you know.. best of all its close as to the best ski fields in the country and some of the best lakes as well (Lake Hawea/Wanaka) not to mention roads... (rally southland/otago) and has its own track as well (teretonga park).

if NZAS would just give me an IT job down at tiwai i would be back there in a flash.

p.s. /Welcome2 TO CLUBVR4! /Welcome

Thanks for the Welcome! :D

Well it's pretty much still the same. Ol' Tim has made quite an impact on this place and there are heaps of new developments happening. I've been down here 28 years (originally an Aucklander) and quite like it still. Despite the ribbing that the rest of NZ seems to give it.

You want to work at NZAS?!? I used to work in their Data Processing MRU (now called IT Services) and still know a couple of people in there. :) Shame the place has gone majorly insane on safety politics.

Gomez
16-05-2008, 08:37 PM
Invercargill is good , convenient for those interested to visit frequently the South Pole

Funnily enough, I have been asked a couple of times by tourists when they'd see penguins.

djb160
18-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Welcome. I spent a year down there at the IT, really nice atmosphere about the town, horrible ****ty weather though. Although biking back from McD's at 6am after a night shift and it had snowed was really nice.

CANDEE
18-05-2008, 09:40 PM
Welcome :)

Wheres the pics of your car? :P

d i c k i e s
18-05-2008, 11:38 PM
VR-4 Pictures Thread! (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31651) /pan

CANDEE
19-05-2008, 03:08 AM
VR-4 Pictures Thread! (http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31651) /pan
Whenz, my brain never functions on Mondays... /pan