PDA

View Full Version : BOV Removal and side effects

Paul C
15-05-2008, 08:44 PM
Due to lack of materials i have found myself without any Blow off valve.I have replaced the stock piping between throttle body and intercooler with 63mm stainless.As i dont have time to wait for delivery of 32mm stainless i got stuck into it anyway.
I couldn't wait to take her for a blast and found that the performance increase was noticeable straight away. I was boosting quick and hitting just short of 1 bar. I have had a boost leak for sometime and was making nowhere near the boost i was supposed too,until now.
It wasn't long before i blew one of the joints due to lack grip on the pipe.

Other than turbo stalling is there any other issues i should be aware of until i can refit the bov.
Cheers Paul

bradc
15-05-2008, 08:46 PM
if you fit a better quality bov that doesn't leak you will find you have the best of both worlds :)

Paul C
15-05-2008, 08:51 PM
the one i had in was by forge motorsport had the highest spring setting and was supposed to be for an evo 8. I will probably try a new manufacturer when i get round to putting one back on.

rees
21-05-2008, 12:33 PM
so is the hks sqv the best one to go with then ??

shaun1978
21-05-2008, 06:21 PM
I've just fitted a turbosmart type 3 and it fits straight into the old position and is a 50/50 bov/recirc or either of the two with the blanking plates with it , IMHO it idles better than with the stock unit.