PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: Mud flaps for VR4

haydar
19-05-2003, 11:50 PM
Hi everyone

For years I've been looking for mud flaps INSERT INTO post VALUES (as per EVOs) for the VR4. Would the EVO ralliart mud flaps fit? Or could they be made to fit?

chris g
20-05-2003, 10:49 PM
Dealers say no due to bodykit but can this be true?

Flaps may be adapted, perhaps but what is th e cost of Ralliart flpas x4?

And then you cut them, maybe, and they do not fit/look right?

I bought cheap flaps frpm a local motor factors and they fit OK but hard plastic and they grounded at Ring on a few fast bits of lap, then split and broke up

Had old floor mats for a prev car, cut them to shape using spare set of 'hard flaps' but longer so better mudflaps and flexible and work a treat

haydar
20-05-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by chris g
Dealers say no due to bodykit but can this be true?

Flaps may be adapted, perhaps but what is th e cost of Ralliart flpas x4?

And then you cut them, maybe, and they do not fit/look right?

I bought cheap flaps frpm a local motor factors and they fit OK but hard plastic and they grounded at Ring on a few fast bits of lap, then split and broke up

Had old floor mats for a prev car, cut them to shape using spare set of 'hard flaps' but longer so better mudflaps and flexible and work a treat

Do you have any pictures?

chris g
21-05-2003, 09:08 AM
No

No digital pictures nor a scanner for the pictures that I do have

I'm still with 35mm film and printed pictures

And I would be lost how to send pictures to the site or attach to messages

Will work on that ASAP

Nick VR4
21-05-2003, 10:52 AM
I looked into this some time ago
Got a quote for £180 for some to be made sent pics and templates
I was messed about for so long i didnt bother

chris g
21-05-2003, 11:04 AM
Hell for a bit less than that I will do all the work for you - buy the rubber mats, cut to fit and send on to you

haydar
21-05-2003, 12:52 PM
Post some pictures of your car and you might get some business :D

MTB
29-05-2003, 04:58 AM
mmm... i have installed myself some ralliart mudflaps INSERT INTO post VALUES (oem of course!:D ) some pictures HERE! (http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/mendel_the_bard)

the materials are quite flexible and they come in red, blue, yellow, white and black INSERT INTO post VALUES (like mine). advantages: cheap! :D easy to install and replace! disadvantages: no brackets so they tend to curve slightly inwards along the housing, not suitable for super low-profiled rides!

haydar
29-05-2003, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by MTB
mmm... i have installed myself some ralliart mudflaps INSERT INTO post VALUES (oem of course!:D ) some pictures HERE! (http://uk.briefcase.yahoo.com/mendel_the_bard)

the materials are quite flexible and they come in red, blue, yellow, white and black INSERT INTO post VALUES (like mine). advantages: cheap! :D easy to install and replace! disadvantages: no brackets so they tend to curve slightly inwards along the housing, not suitable for super low-profiled rides!

They look really good. :cool1:

I'm also now in the process of making my own. Could you send me some pictures INSERT INTO post VALUES (front and rear) of how you've actually attached them to your car?

Cheers

MTB
29-05-2003, 05:00 PM
pictures are coming soon! :)

i am driving a 100% jdm legnum, hope we all share the same INSERT INTO post VALUES (or similar) spec -> there are two screws fixing the side skirts and underspoiler to the body. take some measurements on the mudflaps, mark the positions you like, drill two holes, unscrew the two screws and re-screw the flaps up. THAT'S IT!

actually 3 screws are better than 2. but with 3 you need a "L"-shaped bracket...

haydar
29-05-2003, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by MTB
pictures are coming soon! :)

i am driving a 100% jdm legnum, hope we all share the same INSERT INTO post VALUES (or similar) spec -> there are two screws fixing the side skirts and underspoiler to the body. take some measurements on the mudflaps, mark the positions you like, drill two holes, unscrew the two screws and re-screw the flaps up. THAT'S IT!

actually 3 screws are better than 2. but with 3 you need a "L"-shaped bracket...

An L shaped bracket??? Surely you mean a U shaped bracket. Could you please confirm this and where would you put the L shaped bracket?

I have exactly the same car as you but in Trigger Mauve (http://www.clubvr4.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=360)

MTB
29-05-2003, 06:47 PM
:D :D :D :D :D please pardon my poor english!

this might not be a very good reference but hope it helps!

http://page3.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/c37695522

INSERT INTO post VALUES (the image will be removed exactly 17 hours later!)