PDA

View Full Version : Hi All

bigbadjohn
20-05-2008, 06:26 PM
Hello all

My name is John, and i live in wiltshire!!

I have had a car (Gallant 7th Gen VR4) for a couple of years now and, due to the finacial strife that i was in, it had to stay in the garage for 2 years but at last have got the thing on the road :-)

But only today as i was playing in it i noticed a real bad clutch slip!

So i have investigated the possibility of getting a clutch for the car !

now hears the problem, the car is a import and it is and it isnt a VR4, so ive been told by the garage that i phoned.

Well the engine is a V6 twin turbo 2.0ltr 4x4 5 speed manual and the Chassis No:E74A-0300796, Engine No: 6A12T6UB.
I have looked it up on the web and it is a VR4 and a GTS sold only in Japan and Newzealnd !!

I have a friend whom works for mitsubishi in Cirencester who is on the case, but i do fear the worse, regarding the price of clutch.

Can anyone help me with a short cut to the solution to the parts i require.

Many thanks John:thinking:

elnevio
20-05-2008, 06:34 PM
/Welcome2 to CVR4! We were only just down your neck of the woods at JapFest this weekend - did you go?

Anyway, there are a few 7G owners on here that should be able to give you some pointers - hope you get it sorted soon!

Nick Mann
20-05-2008, 06:38 PM
/Welcome

Many clutches are interchangeable accross the mitsy range. The Evo is nearly the same as the 8g VR4 (it can be adapted) the 2WD 8g's are nearly the same as the 4WD cars, etc. The 6A12 Mivec bolts on to the 6A13 FWD gearbox, etc.

I'm sure there will be a solution, but maybe someone with a 7g can help more!

bigbadjohn
20-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the welcome, and i look forward to hearing from any 7th Gen owners, who have had the same problem.

richy rich
20-05-2008, 08:58 PM
/Welcome

Kieran
20-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Richy, what was the clutch you used for Grahams 7G SportsGT? It's the same 6A12TT as on the 7G VR-4.

/EDIT: Sorry - How rude of me!! /pan Welcome to the club, John!