White Lightning
23-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Too true.

pitslayer
23-05-2008, 01:25 PM
thats cool

Turbo_Steve
23-05-2008, 06:47 PM
Wow....but that'd be oversubscribed extremely quickly in the UK!

Nevman
23-05-2008, 09:07 PM
Finally they've done something clever for drivers in my old land :)
I remember in my early years when we were doing so called "smartarse race"
The point was to get from point A to point B through city centre in rush hours... No rules... Pavements, lawns over roundabouts or wrong way...
I know, that was very stupid but sooooo fun and many middle fingers from other pissed off drivers...

swinks
23-05-2008, 10:40 PM
As I reckon BBC have done some mix-match. Guess, blokes in Poland had a big laugh :pimp2: .
Things I know from my friends in Poland and my experience:
First, racing in Lodz involved on the begining just crapy plastick cars with big bucket silencers. Nothing exciting. Year ago, Lodz was taken over few moto-clubs specialized in tuning. Whilst they did so, they still were trying to to make this racing more civilized. So they gonna involved Police and emergency vehicles. So far death toll is average yearly bout 20.
Unfortunately there are no any suitable racing circuits around Lodz. Whatsoever, only ONE in whole Poland!! /Grrr Well, keeping racers on the streets but under any control was the only solution.
One crew is from Lublin. They already did several tunings of cars designed for 1/4 mile racing. Last year they convert Toyota up to 980 bhp. Nowadays they are workin with Legnum type-V to increase up to 650bhp. :speechles

bradc
24-05-2008, 10:21 AM
You will have to keep us updated with this Legnum then.

swinks
24-05-2008, 10:55 AM
It's AutoR's (nick from "Mitsumaniaki" forum) project. He's already finished his LHD Legnum with power up to 350 and as he told me he's unhappy with performance. I think he's gonna try to fit TD05 instead of regular turbos and some modified intake and exhaust. Don't know if any changes to suspension or driveline (street racing doesn't need much from that), brakes more likely. So far it's a project.

Axeboy
26-05-2008, 08:11 PM
I couldnt drive in Poland...

I wouldnt last long, very mucha free for all in my opinion... :)

I had thought about driving over from the UK here just to see what its like, but they follow a whole different set of rules.

Nevman
26-05-2008, 08:33 PM
What different set of rules you got in mind mate?
Except driving on the right side of the road of course?
I'm more than happy to clarify all your concerns.

Axeboy
26-05-2008, 09:04 PM
Dont take it the wrong way Nevman, im sitting in Gdansk as I type... :)

Lane changing, courtesy at junctions, trams, people crossing roads etc, are all very different in Poland to the UK.

Dont take it as an insult, far from it, just pointing out that I personally fear driving the roads here

It all works, and is normal for Polish people, but for someone used to driving in the UK all my life, its daunting :)

Nevman
26-05-2008, 09:11 PM
In Gdansk?
COOL :)
Say hello to the old Poland from me :)
Don't worry, I didn't take wrong. It was genuine offer, no insult whatsoever. Literally I thought that you may want to know the differences or got some questions.
Sorry if I was misunderstood.

So, in Poland:
Lane changing is like WWF.
Courtesy at junctions - what courtesy at junctions :)
Trams in most places got separate lanes but sometimes they are on the road as well and you always have to give way to them.
And yes, people may enter the road almost everywhere and any time. Especially if they've emptied few bottles before /Devil5

Axeboy
26-05-2008, 09:24 PM
I found it hard to work out when to move, with trams and people crossing paths... you can end up stranded in front of the tram.... eek

I really fancy going from Rosyth near Edinburgh, to Belgium (i think) then to Poland... could be a nice trip.

Nevman
26-05-2008, 09:27 PM
The only problem is the cost.
2 years ago we went to Poland in our Honda Accord 2.0 Vtec and that cost us £350 for petrol and ferry.
Last year we went in VR4 and that cost us £500 just for petrol!

But it was lovely drive, and much quicker :)

Nevman
26-05-2008, 09:27 PM
And the crappy roads in Poland :(

Axeboy
26-05-2008, 09:29 PM
Aye, i dont think the rosyth ferry is cheap...

But i could fill the car with Polish meat and tomatoes... sweeeet :)

Nevman
26-05-2008, 10:01 PM
Oh yes...
That one of the things i miss from Poland - the food...