PDA

View Full Version : Gran Turismo 5 Prolgue

Nevman
23-05-2008, 11:31 PM
Anyone plays GT5 prologue?

If you play it online, maybe we can post our online nicknames here so we know if we race together?

My is Nevman1

Spirit
23-05-2008, 11:38 PM
Got it but not played it yet. I don't get much chance tbh, and when the PS3 is on my son is playing that damned GTAIV or COD4 /Grrr

Nevman
23-05-2008, 11:44 PM
You have to try it mate, graphics and physics is awesome!
Online is a little bit annoying but can get used to it.
If you start driving online, let us know and we can try to drive together. Unfortunately you can't choose who you're driving against but it's still a good fun.

White Lightning
24-05-2008, 12:03 AM
Yep, got it for a birthday pressie last week but have not opened the packet yet /pan

Been playing GTAIV recently.

Nevman
24-05-2008, 12:20 AM
you gonna like it :)

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 02:02 AM
its boring. my personal opinion a waste of 20 quid, you have to spend an hour setting the controls up to how they should be, then another hour to set the car up so it actually turns around a corner, played it till i got some cars havnt touched it since. dont even know where it is anymore, i think my username is pitslayer on ps3, ill go find it

Nevman
24-05-2008, 07:07 AM
Well... In my opinion, it is all about mastering your driving style and it takes ages.
It is not a typical arcade racing game like i.e. Sega Rally where driving physics are not even close to the real world.
Try to take Lotus Elise tuned on the High Speed Ring with all the aids off and win the online race. It's really good fun but takes ages to master.

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 12:58 PM
so you buy your first car, you do yyour first race, first corneer you take racing line you understeer horribly hit the wall. the physics are crap, you want good physics get forza 2

Nevman
24-05-2008, 01:31 PM
Can't comment of Forza because I've never played it before, but the comment made by professional drivers on Gran Turismo speaks for itself: "The only difference between the game and the real driving is that you can't feel the G-Force"

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 05:55 PM
the cars dont turn!!!!!! how is that like real life it feels more arcade like any other driving game. Forza 2 on the other hand you can actually tune a car properly so that it goes around corners. in prologue, turn the traction control down to 2, turn the steering up, change it to proffesionaly driving. its pointless, almost as bad as that F1 game i downloaded on ps3 which braked and turned for you, at least they went around corners though.
what else bugged me, you save up to buy a car, then realise your next race, you need to spend all of the money you saved up to do the next race on a car you dont want, which then becomes worthless. the only redeeming feature of this game is the graphics

Nevman
24-05-2008, 06:26 PM
The tunning options becomes available after you finish C, B, and A class races.
Believe it or not but the tires needs warming up, at least one lap and after that it's better.
On the other hand, what is more real:
full speed -> turn -> hit the wall
or
full speed -> turn and the car sticks to the road like glued and slows down automatically?
Surely I've seen people using their brakes on the Castle Combe...
In GT you need to use the brakes and throttle more than just ON/OFF. Like in the real life.

Well, one likes GT others Forza, there is nothing to argue about. Just keep on training... /Devil5
BTW, I'd like to play Forza sometime. It's Xbox only, isn't it?

And please don't get me wrong, I'm not criticising Forza cause I've never played it. I'm just saying that in my opinion GT5P is a really good game bearing in mind that it is only Prologue, not the final game. And the car models are perfect IMOH :)

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 08:42 PM
yeh forza is 360 only. i found my copy of prologue, played it for5 mins, did the GTr challenge turned it off with anger, apparently, the computer knocking into you and sending you off the opposite side of the track the longest way around the corner, is a short cut?!?!?!?!
when you have played both, forza wins hands down, cars handle how i expect them to handle, brake into a corner, turn into a corner put power down not. brake into corner, turn into corner understeer with the back end kicking out hit the gravel, accelerate out of gravel. i like proper driving simulators, but the makers of GT seemed to put things in that irritate me, rolling start, when was the last time watched proper racing where, every race had a rolling start?
the only rollinh start races you get is like nascar, which just involves rednecks driving in a circle 500 times.

it has the potential to be a good game if. they sort out button configuration properly, sort the cars handling out so they handle like real cars, when i was going round the track at combe, i applied teh same tactics as used in GT5, i didnt understeer into the gravel, or loose to much acceleration on the brakes.

my account is pitslayer on ps3 if you want to add? got GTA4 aswell if anyone fancys playing?

Nevman
24-05-2008, 09:45 PM
Looks like I need to play Forza :)
And I cant wait for the full GT5 in 2009 (they are delaying it again!)
BTW: The buttons layout if fully configurable.

I'll add you next time I play my PS3 cause now my Marta watches f...in Eurovision :(

Cheers

rees
24-05-2008, 09:58 PM
has any body seen the GALANT in gta iv yet , ?
its called vincent , it only has the front end of the galant , but it is blatantly , eveyone kept telling me , i was like yeah ill be judge of this , but the front is definatly that a shark-nosed G

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 10:00 PM
yeh, seen it, was all i was using to get around at one point. but then i kept crashing them lol. im just putting gta4 in now, if anyones playing?

and nevman, i cant wait for the full version to come out, prologue isnt that good, the full game should be brilliant though

Nevman
24-05-2008, 10:46 PM
and nevman, i cant wait for the full version to come out, prologue isnt that good, the full game should be brilliant though

I hope it will be brilliant as they are delaying it over a year now.

pitslayer
24-05-2008, 11:11 PM
hopefully, better be as good as number one, and better than the ones in between /lol

Fully
25-05-2008, 01:57 AM
I was not inpressed with GT5, after playing it for a we bit. The Handling sucks. But it does look nice.
Forza Motorsport 2 for the win!

There has being some links to the galant in gta4 before.
Here they are
http://media.gtanet.com/images/3898_gta_iv.jpg
http://media.gtanet.com/images/4174_gtaiv_screenshot.jpg

Roberto
25-05-2008, 08:18 AM
Nev, I'm with you on this one.

I really like it and have to say I can manage to get the cars around corners.

My on-line tag is of course "robertovr4"
But still have to sort out a dodgy modem as it doesn't always let me play online.

I find it does take some work to learn and control the different cars and styles.
But again I've never played Forza either.

Nevman
25-05-2008, 09:52 AM
HA!
Great stuff Roberto!
I think it's more rewarding to learn how to drive and then win races online then just start the game which is so easy that you can win every race from the day one :)
Again, I'm not criticising Forza or any other game, I'm just saying that GT5 is a REALLY good game, especially if you take in consideration that it is ONLY prologue.

I'll start separate thread for online nicknames.
Please sign your names there.