PDA

View Full Version : Kate's car got keyed in Reading today ...

White Lightning
26-05-2008, 05:59 PM
Well, we are rather pi55ed off tonight. Kate and I had most of the day off together (which is quite a rare event) and decided to go into Reading to look at wedding rings. We took the Ka because it was raining hard and the VR-4 does not like the rain :D

Anyway, we drove into The Oracle multi storey car park (which took 30 minutes of queuing to get in!) and I spotted a corner spot on the 3rd floor. The space was quite a tight one but it was between a wall and an '08 reg white Astra VXR which looked like a well cared for car ... perfect I thought :thinking:

(I have later found out that it was one of these special editions so quite rare - http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/autoexpressnews/213777/vauxhall_astra_vxr_nrburgring_edition.html)

So, I reversed the Ka into the space, nice and tight on the drivers side to the wall ... and then climbed over to the passenger side to get out. Kate held the door so that we didn't risk knocking the Astra (we are both always very careful not to damage other peoples cars). The Astra was parked just over the white line but there was still a good foot or so between the cars.

So we went shopping (didn't choose any rings but that's another story) ... when we got back the Astra had gone and a very shiny 54 reg MG ZS was in it's place. Anyway, Kate goes to get in the car and notices that the door has a long scratch in it. Well, about 6 inches long but very deep ... clearly done by a key /Grrr

I am sure this would not have been done by the MG owner and we think it was done by the Astra owner (or their passenger) .... for what reason we don't know!

Anyway, I have now registered on the VXR forums and put a nice friendly post in the "Spotted" forum to say that I spotted the car in Reading today to see if I can find out who it was ...

Kate's really annoyed as she is only just getting over some silly old woman who scraped her car the other day and now this!

Why are people such to55ers!

HMG1K
26-05-2008, 06:20 PM
Really sorry to hear your news... And good going posing on the VXR forums! I guess there's no chance of CCTV footage around that part of the car park...?

Spirit
26-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Damn mate, what a t*at to do that.....people today just astound me /Grrr

Might be time to get shot of that green mean machine

Lillywotsername
26-05-2008, 06:45 PM
Gutted for you Hun... Thats just bang out of order.

/grouphug for you and Kate

peter thomson
26-05-2008, 07:06 PM
Sorry to hear this Wayne. It's one of the reasons I try not to take the Leggie into multistories. Some people just have no respect for others property

Eurospec
26-05-2008, 07:16 PM
Honestly, people can be such to553rs! Why do they do it?!

See if you get a pop on the vxr forum, if you do you can have some fun with him first.

Cheers,

Ben.

White Lightning
26-05-2008, 07:17 PM
Really sorry to hear your news... And good going posing on the VXR forums! I guess there's no chance of CCTV footage around that part of the car park...?

I did think about that but given that it was right in the corner I suspect that even if it were filmed it would be very difficult to see or prove anything.

White Lightning
26-05-2008, 07:19 PM
Might be time to get shot of that green mean machine

Maybe ... Kate fancies something a bit more sporty but I think it'll be a least another year before we can realistically start thinking about it (once the wedding etc is paid off)

Nick VR4
26-05-2008, 07:35 PM
Sorry to hear this :( bloody arsejoles

pitslayer
27-05-2008, 12:11 AM
*popcorn out* this could get interesting if someone pops up on the VXR forums

Paul C
27-05-2008, 04:41 AM
Is it me or is this thing getting more and more common. Not just keying but vandalism in a whole. I remember when i first got the vr4 and some jealous bar steward keyed across the boot, I must of had it about 3 weeks.That was in asda carpark. Its nearly everyday now, i'm starting to think is it worth taking pride in anything anymore just to be f**ked off by some tw*t. Spray jobs are never cheap and going throught the insurance is never a good option.

Physician
27-05-2008, 06:46 AM
Great idea posting on the VXR forums Wayne.

So damn frustrating as there is little we can do to stop this mindless vandalism. /Grrr

Gomez
27-05-2008, 07:28 AM
Grrr, people that key cars deserve to be dealt with harshly.

A few years ago when I owned a Ni**an, I was at a soundoff with the car all nicely polished up and the installation was gleaming and performing beautifully. I was called into the workshop (of the company that was holding the event, also my employer) to see if we had any fuses for another demo car. When I got out, I noticed someone sitting IN my car who had clearly stepped over the tape and ignored the "PLEASE DON'T TOUCH" signs.

Being the gentleman that I am, I asked him to politely "get out". He took offense and begrudglingly got out of the car and walked off. Later on that day, I noticed a dent in the passenger's front guard and a nice big long key scratch down the side.

The most unfortunate part about this, was the clowns that set up the power supplies had overloaded the same circuit that also powered the power supplies for the CCTV cameras that overlooked the area that my car was parked in.

It sucks how some people seem to like to maliciously cause damage to property that isn't theirs.

I sincerely hope that you do catch the scumbag that damaged your car White Lightning.

Nick Mann
27-05-2008, 09:59 AM
Bummer mate. I feel for you.

And tell Kate I'd feel her as well. :P

If anyone needs a hug, just let me know! ;)

The Vee
27-05-2008, 10:10 AM
There is something very sad about this world. Feel for you both. I absolutely hate having to park anywhere which involves other people! Not realistic I know, but God it makes me mad

rees
27-05-2008, 11:47 AM
i honestly hope they do reply so you can trace them , its bound to be them , who else is gonna squeeze it to that tight space to key the ka?? my money is that the passenger probably did it out the window as they were driving off its blatant if you ask me

really sorry to hear that mate

Nevman
27-05-2008, 01:02 PM
Sorry to hear that mate. Some people are just f.... wan....

Some time ago I spotted a lady opening her doors into mine and packing up her shoping to her car. Every time she got in, her f... doors were rubbing mine.
When I gently drew her attention to the fact that she was damaging my paintwork, she gone mad that she knows what she was doing and she did it very gently to NOT damage my car!
Can you imagine!
Stupid cow!
The rest of the story is not to be posted because it would be censored.
Lucky the paintwork wasn't damage, just small mark that came off after washing and polishing the car.

White Lightning
27-05-2008, 03:05 PM
And tell Kate I'd feel her as well. :P

I'm sure we could come to an agreement :deal2:

... anyway, haven't you got a gearbox to fit /pan

White Lightning
27-05-2008, 03:06 PM
Great idea posting on the VXR forums Wayne.

No reply yet, but just gave it a bump as someone had replied saying the spotted what must have been the same car on a road just outside Reading later the same day.

Throbbe
27-05-2008, 03:26 PM
I suspect your choice of user name might tip the owner off that you're not just a Nurburgring Edition fanboy! However, hope it works out, senseless vandalism gets right up my goat.

Paul C
27-05-2008, 03:34 PM
if you find out from the vxr site who its, go round smash their car up and wait for them to post. Then post back rub salt in their wounds and leave the site

White Lightning
27-05-2008, 11:25 PM
I suspect your choice of user name might tip the owner off that you're not just a Nurburgring Edition fanboy! However, hope it works out, senseless vandalism gets right up my goat.

Hmm ... I did think that myself afterwards. But, I actually used it because it's the name of one of my favourite songs/album by my favourite band ... I actually use that name in quite a few places.