PDA

View Full Version : Technical swap

Finnish Speed
29-02-2004, 02:23 PM
Hello from snowing Finland!

I´m making the unique Mitsubishi Legnum VR4 in Finland. Finnish law sucks very deeply and this makes big problems to me. I can´t import a ready VR4 and registered it in Finland. This is not possible because we have left side steering wheel in here.

Have Legnum VR4 (1996>) never been sold the official Mitsubishi dealer in to England. Is this model the UK/Euro regulations. How can I get official report this regulations.

I must make a VR4 technical swap in my basic Galant V6 and I need also some kind of official report these cars differences.

I´m sory my bad English language :$

Nick Mann
29-02-2004, 04:09 PM
The VR4 was supplied by mitsubishi UK, but is still considered a japanese import. The dealers changed the appropriate parts to meet uk spec when the cars arrived here. (Adding a fog light, changing kph to mph etc.) If you mean you want to convert a V6 to VR4 spec - this will involve a lot of work. There is a guy in the USA who has done something along these lines, I think, but I have no experience. One big problem will be the 4WD, as the transmission tunnel is almost non-existant on the 2WD version. Hope some of this is helpful!

To search UK cars for sale, the best place to look is www.autotrader.co.uk .

Finnish Speed
05-03-2004, 12:25 PM
Somebody knows :help: , where can I get this EU regulations documents etc......

Brind
07-03-2004, 07:04 PM
Are you sure it is illegal to register a right hand drive car in Finland?