PDA

View Full Version : dump valve

arcstrike
29-05-2008, 02:29 AM
hi just bought a 1997 legnum vr4 seen a dump valve kit on ebay from a company 100 quid baily are they worth puttin on ?:thinking:

d i c k i e s
29-05-2008, 09:19 AM
what did you get exactly?
its good to replace the factory bov as they tend to leak.

rees
29-05-2008, 06:33 PM
gis a link to it :)

chewy121
01-06-2008, 08:07 PM
i have baileys on mine and is fine DV26 is the one you want twin piston

arcstrike
01-06-2008, 08:38 PM
not bought it yet emailed the company they advertise to fit vr4 sent email saying it wont fit work that one out waste of poor typing style lol

Wodjno
01-06-2008, 08:40 PM
not bought it yet emailed the company they advertise to fit vr4 sent email saying it wont fit work that one out waste of poor typing style lol

Any Dumpvalve will fit with right modifications /yes

arcstrike
01-06-2008, 08:57 PM
ta for that always wanted one next on my wish list only had car 4 a week cant stop smilin lol

chewy121
02-06-2008, 09:32 AM
a standard DV26 needs a tight samco hose onto the connector and this fits snug into standard pipework no probs for me and works a treat I believe that the baileys are all the same design just the adapters vary so if you bought one with out adapter i believer 80-90 notes and a five on some bogo samco will sort it

apeman69
03-06-2008, 01:10 AM
Or get a SARD R2D2.

Got mine from here http://stores.ebay.com/JPS-Trading-Limited for £130 + £21 postage which includes the proper fitting kit for Galant/Legnum (fixing bracket, replacement bent hose, jubilee clips, stopper to block recirculating pipe.
When I was looking for a BOV for my Legnum there were plenty of universal cheap ones which will fit but you will need to adapt piping etc. The fitting kit with the SARD allowed me to replace the original BOV and bolt it onto the car in a safe location knowing that it won't fall off or bang onto the ATF cooling pipes that it lives so closely to.
I've had these ATF pipes repeatedly banged by an incorrectly fitted front bumper and I wouldn't wish the hassle and stress of fixing the leak that prevailed on anyone.

BOV sounds fantastic. Loud, rich and refined sound with a weird but addictive double psssht at lower pressure. Really suits the car.

Best sounding dump valve I've ever had. Blitz super sound on my Celica made me cringe every time it went off, EVO style one just sounded crap, HKS is too harsh, SARD R2D2 is just soooooo dreamy!!!

Shop around and you may well find a bargain.

rees
03-06-2008, 09:49 AM
i got (with the galant ) on of them cheap ebay blue ones , the hiss is pretty generic , for now it'll do , but if if had my way i'd,ve bought either sard r2d2 or hks sqv,,, now i think ill go with sard , cos hks sqvs can leak

Kieran
03-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Or get a SARD R2D2.

<snip>

Best sounding dump valve I've ever had. Blitz super sound on my Celica made me cringe every time it went off, EVO style one just sounded crap, HKS is too harsh, SARD R2D2 is just soooooo dreamy!!!

I used to run a SSQV but as you say, I found it too harsh and shrill - It didn't suit the character of the car.

Any chance of an audio or video clip of your new R2D2? I'm thinking of either one of those or a Greddy Type-RS.

What was it about the Blitz that you didn't like?

apeman69
03-06-2008, 11:25 AM
Yes, K, I'm working on the sound file of the R2D2. Prob gonna get the old video camera out and get the Mrs to record me on a drive-by. Tried the mobile phone and the sound quality was abismal. It's just a matter of getting around to it really. Maybe Saturday if I can get the Mrs from in front of the telly (she's planning on watching the rugby union which is her passion).
The Blitz has just another generic one-dimensional same old same old sound and I found it a bit too sharp and agressive. Don't think it would suit the Legnum. Oh, and it is really ugly in my opinion. Dunno how it would fit under the car 'cos it's pretty big and bulky too. The SARD is noticably smaller than the Blitz in overall volume and the SARD didn't leave much room around the ATF cooler pipes. It (or any) BOV fitted to a Legnum really does need to be made very secure and wobble-free. Simply leaving it hang (!) would not be an option in my book.

apeman69
04-06-2008, 12:37 PM
R2D2 sound file (of sorts!) here:-
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32079