PDA

View Full Version : Bargain-Fully Synthetic Engine Oil

wirdy
29-02-2004, 11:25 PM
Sorry, I'm not selling it myself, but Halfords are.

Their own brand fully synth 5w/40 normally £28.99 for 5L is on special offer for £14.99. None of their other oils are discounted - (I suspect their fully synth has been a poor seller, especially if it was only a couple of quid cheaper than Mobil 1 or Castrol RS that would be near it on the shelves. I'd normally pay the extra couple of quid and go for the branded synthetic).

I only saw this offer yesterday in York and according to the shop it began last week and only runs until tomorrow (monday), so I've got myself six bottles-should be good for another 27,000 miles of motoring!!.
I don't know who makes oil for Halfords but this stuff is API SL, just like the Castrol RS 0w30 I normally use. (have had NO lash adjuster trouble on this BTW)
I know alot of you go religeously by your local Mitsi recommendation of 10w30 semi-synth and if you don't change your own oil then that's probably what you'll get. That's your own choice but personally I like to know I've got fully synth running around my engine.

John
01-03-2004, 10:23 AM
I've been using said oil in my V6 for the last 18months with no apparent adverse effects. If memory serves, it's 0-40 and I too have stocked up at this price. :) BTW it's been on special offer for a few weeks and I doubt the price will rise until they've shifted some stock. Look for the silver bottles!

John
01-03-2004, 10:25 AM
Sorry Wirdy, should have read your post again. If you say it's 5W40 I'll believe you. :$