PDA

View Full Version : PM probs

Gly
30-05-2008, 07:01 AM
keep getting this when i try to pm people,

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: underline_censored_text() in /home/braindg/public_html/forum/includes/class_dm_pm.php(533) : eval()'d code on line 5

more and more often now, bloody annoying! can this be looked into

Nick Mann
30-05-2008, 07:16 AM
The last time this was a problem, someone was sending a PM wih the word sh!t included. Are there any words that the swear filter might take exception to?

Physician
30-05-2008, 07:18 AM
I got the same yesterday with an ordinary post ....... but you're right Nick as I had put the word b-i-t-c-h which was filtered out.

Nick Mann
30-05-2008, 08:03 AM
So it looks like the swear filter has been broken! You're all obviously a load of foul mouthed louts!

bradc
30-05-2008, 08:09 AM
yeah stop fvcking swearing!

Gly
30-05-2008, 08:36 AM
fukcing was in the PM

Kieran
30-05-2008, 08:51 AM
fukcing was in the PM

Yeah, that's where your problem is. That word's always been in the swear filter.

What I'll do is remove all but the worst naughty words so that message appears less often.... Right - The 'F' word will still trip the swearbox, as will (C**T) and Sh!t. I've zapped the rest untill I can fix the code safely.

The 'Fatal Error' message is a hangover from something Barry was doing. He planned to integrate a forum warning system and was integrating the swear filter into that. The way it was going to work was that if you kept on swearing, you'd get increasingly severe restrictions, right up to and including automatic banning. I'm not sure how far Barry got with the code and what effects it would have had, so I'm rather disinclined to fix it untill I know how it works - I don't think people should be punished for typing words that trigger the swear filter, especially as it's not foolproof - As demonstrated some time ago when someone tried to type in Scunthorpe...

dickytim
30-05-2008, 08:56 AM
it must be us fowl mothed f#$king kiwis...

I have the same thing a while ago.

bradc
30-05-2008, 09:17 AM
interesting, Carsten sent the message in question to me and I got two identical copies.

In case anyone was interested, he was asking about my goats

dickytim
30-05-2008, 09:33 AM
well "goats" probably should be in the swear filter when you are involved Brad :P