PDA

View Full Version : E-fags !

Spirit
02-06-2008, 08:32 PM
Anybody ever had any experience of such things ?

See HERE (http://www.electronicsmoking.co.uk/)

Seem to be several makes/versions available. Apart from the health benefits, there is also the cost aspect.......however, I don't really wanna blow £50 to try one to find out they're cack.

ANTHONY
02-06-2008, 08:58 PM
Pete i went to the doctors 5 years ago and told him i really wanted to stop. he put me on a full patch program. after a month i was forgetting to put the patch on and I've never smoked since. i was on 20-30 a day at the time. all for the cost of a prescription

wirdy
02-06-2008, 09:24 PM
Pete, I gave up early Feb and no relapses yet.

Using a combination of patches and one of these e-cigs. The patches handled the chemical addiction side, the e-cig handled the hand and inhalation / puff habit side.

Expect some ridicule from your friends & workmates.

After a while I found I didn't need the e-cig so much and began to forget to carry it about so much. Then just in the car. Now I don't use it at all.

I bought mine off e-bay. About £30. Even has a glowing end as you puff away!

I'd smoked for 27yrs with no attempts at giving up previously.

P.S - patches on prescription also.

Physician
02-06-2008, 10:25 PM
I tried those Pete. They started me smoking even more ....... personally I don't recommend them - but each to his own. As you know, I gave up cold turkey (28 april 2007) and haven't had any problems fortunately. But we're all different ...........

Nevman
02-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Very interesting mate.
That may be a good idea for someone like me, who actually like the process of smoking more than just smoking itself.

I need to think about it...

ANTHONY
02-06-2008, 10:51 PM
do they do E-Booze?. could be useful on london transport since the ban

Spirit
02-06-2008, 11:47 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys. I have tried the pills, and failed.

Maybe time to try another alternative. Will put some thought into it

Nevman
03-06-2008, 01:09 AM
do they do E-Booze?. could be useful on london transport since the ban
Or E-girls?

Err.... That was bad example... They do them already aren't they. But they're bit plasticky though... /Devil5

Throbbe
03-06-2008, 09:26 AM
I'm looking forward to E-E for the NuRavers.

Scanny
03-06-2008, 11:57 AM
they need to work on the website. to me it looked like they had a starter pack and a cut back pack ie a pack to get you 'smoking' these things then a cut back pack for when you want to cut back on them. i thought it was an alternative to cigarettes rather than an aid to giving them up.

having only had a quick glance, had i not read the other posts here i would still be none the wiser. that says bad web design to me/pan