PDA

View Full Version : JAP SHOW - June 19th/20th.

Nick Mann
01-03-2004, 10:17 PM
Santa Pod weekend - June 19th/20th. Taking over from the IOM trip.

Info from Pete:

Advance Tickets: Saturday £9, Sunday £9 or weekend £20 (more ???)
Gate Tickets: Saturday £12, Sunday £12 or weekend £25
Track Fee: £12 for 3 runs

PLEASE TELL ME IF ANY DETAILS ARE WRONG ASAP. THIS EVENT IS NEARLY UPON US!

Camping:

Nick Mann & Vicky
BDA & Helen
Kieran
Nick-f1

Not Camping:

Interlec (Sat & Sun)
Spirit979 & Shaz (Sun)
Polabear (Sun)
Simon (Sun)
WODJNO (Sat)

Unconfirmed:

PJJohnson
BraindG

SGHOM
01-03-2004, 10:21 PM
yep !! a definate for me, but can you delete the camping option ??? :$ :$ only 5 star accomodation for club VR4 !!! :-D :-D

Kieran
01-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Definate for me too. Alex not bothered, so I've been issued with a weekend pass!!! Wow!!! :$ :$ :-b

I think most people will want to do the IBIS, but I do have a 6-man... Well, 4 man or 6 dwarf tent handy :-D ...

Nick Mann
01-03-2004, 11:10 PM
I have a six-man tent. But methinks Derek will throw a wobbly drinking Chateaux Neuf Du Pape from a plastic beaker!! :-D

Kieran
01-03-2004, 11:20 PM
I have a six-man tent. But methinks Derek will throw a wobbly drinking Chateaux Neuf Du Pape from a plastic beaker!! :-D

:lolz:

Hmmm... Chateau Neuf... :bow: Now there's a nice smooth red! :smitten: Shame it's about a tenner per bottle in the local supermarket... :uhoh2:

Anyway, back to topic... :$

Are we stopping at the IBIS on Saturday night only, or Friday night as well?
I'd prefer both, but what's everyone else think?

Spirit
01-03-2004, 11:52 PM
May struggle on the Friday night too - have to suck up to the outlaws (babysitters) a bit for two nights ! Saturday night is a definate - gave up camping after the boy scouts :-D

SGHOM
02-03-2004, 06:09 PM
I think I might make a full weekend of it !!! depending on how many other's want to ??
not much fun, sat in a hotel on your own !!! :nono:

enigma
02-03-2004, 06:24 PM
Assuming the Isle of Man is off I am up for a full weekend of it also!

Nick Mann
02-03-2004, 08:06 PM
Sorry, Dave - made an assumption and put you down at no.3 without asking! :$

Nick Mann
02-03-2004, 08:07 PM
D'oh!

You mean friday night as well, don't you?

Okay - further editing going on up top....

BraindG
02-03-2004, 08:14 PM
this is the one on the same weekend as IOM right?....

.... trust me, it wouldnt be a good idea to get to involved at this stage... cant say much more, but will be more public sometime soon....

Nick Mann
02-03-2004, 08:57 PM
Contrary to Barry's fears, this event appears to be kosher. A reply from Santa Pod said:

The Japshow on the 19th & 20th June is definately confirmed, also is The Japanese Performance Show on 10th October.

Regards

Santa Pod Raceway

They claim to have full facilities for campers, inc showers, but I am also thinking that a hotel bed would be more comfortable! The hassle of putting up a tent and having to sleep a good walk from a toilet as opposed to the hassle of driving in and out in lots of traffic twice! I guess the traffic will be fun some of the time, though! And a hotel bed with en-suite sounds attractive to a man who intends to consume a couple of alcoholic beverages!

Spirit
02-03-2004, 10:13 PM
I posted all the info on the IOM thread regarding this event, and I agree with Nick that it is confirmed and the name changed to Jap Show (and has Banzai mag on the advert now not JPM).

Good news too - looks like Shaz has done the sucking up to the outlaws and 2 nights is there if we want it ;)

Nick Mann
08-03-2004, 09:53 PM
BTT.....

Come on, girls! Only 7 of us?

nick-f1
21-03-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi, got room for any more on this weekend? Looked at the calendar and I,ve got that weekend off, only snag is wifey wants to come too and the kids so it looks like camping for me! Do they let spaniels into this hotel too? Mental note to take wellies-- needed them in the gents toilets the last time we went to the 'Pod------ Yuk!!! See you all

Regards
Nick. ( I have paid up membership now!)

Spirit
21-03-2004, 10:50 PM
More than welcome Nick - have added you to the list, how many nights you gonna do, let us know

nick-f1
21-03-2004, 11:01 PM
Thanks spirit, 2 adults, 2 kids and possible Friday definite saturday night :-D
cheers
Nick

SGHOM
21-03-2004, 11:34 PM
only 8 volunteers so far ??? come on you lot !! could be a great weekend at the pod, & another major meet for CVR4 !! get your fingers out & come and join us at the pod. :-b [ it's also my 32nd birthday on the 19th !! ] :$ :$

Spirit
22-03-2004, 12:20 AM
You wish Derek ;)

Yeah, c'mon people - it's actually my mothers 60th birthday that weekend too - how popular am I when I said I was going away with CVR4 :$ - gonna have to postpone her party to the following weekend ;)

Nick Mann
18-05-2004, 09:18 PM
Don't know if we lost anything on this with the recent data loss.

COME ON! who else is coming? Who's on the list that can't make it? Who thinks that Pete and Derek will care where they sleep after they have had a skinfull?

Don't be shy, sign up here!

enigma
18-05-2004, 09:56 PM
Helen and I want to come, we will stay with the masses (wherever that turns out to be) but we will be unavailable for comment for the 3 weeks before hand. Whatevers going we will do it. Dont forget to bring a shiny pole and some spot lights! ;) :lipsrseal

Kieran
18-05-2004, 10:24 PM
Just noticed that I'm down as a party of 2. Alex is letting me off the leash, just to clarify. Don't know if that's wise or not, but hey ho! :devil5:

Nick Mann
19-05-2004, 01:25 PM
(The number in brackets is the number of nights people are planning on staying for.)

Put yer reading glasses on, Kieran!!

BraindG
19-05-2004, 01:28 PM
ill come, both nights please

Kieran
19-05-2004, 01:31 PM
Put yer reading glasses on, Kieran!!
Ooops...:$:$:$:$

Nick Mann
11-06-2004, 09:30 PM
Trying to keep hold of this thread is a nightmare!! Is anybody planning on camping friday night? Or hotelling? I'm not. To the few tha are unconfirmed - this is because you have not said so on the temporary site. Please tell me soon as I may need to post car parking passes etc.

PLEASE TELL ME ASAP WHAT YOU ARE DOING!!

Thanks!

A frustrated Nick!

Kieran
11-06-2004, 10:41 PM
Nick,

I was planning on Camping Friday and Saturday night, but Pete said the camp site won't be open?! (Wereever the hell the campsite is?!:$)

Haaaaylp!!

Spirit
11-06-2004, 11:39 PM
Don't take that as gospel from me mate, I would suggest a phone call to Pod to confirm either way would be the best idea

Nick, just to confirm I got the car passes today for Sean and myself and we will be at the Ibis in Wellingborough on the Saturday night and at the show on the Sunday. Will bring the CVR4 flagpole too ;)

Nick Mann
12-06-2004, 10:27 AM
'phoning back on monday to confirm friday night, and to try for an answer on camping/club stand site and distance(s) to the track.

I am not planning on camping friday night, is anyone else?

I was going to suggest the IBIS as a meeting place for the saturday morning, unless there is somewhere else better?

Simon
13-06-2004, 05:44 PM
sorry for delay in respnding. If theres a space for the sunday we will attend. We are planning to travel up in convoy with Polabear and Spirit979 on the saturday afternoon. Ive PM'd you Nick with my home address. Thank you. :)

Spirit
13-06-2004, 07:08 PM
Have you booked into the Ibis too Simon ?

SGHOM
13-06-2004, 09:40 PM
I'm booked into the Ibis for saturday night. me & the daughter !! she was adamant she did not want to miss it ! ??
are we still meeting up there for a mini convoy to the pod??

Nick Mann
13-06-2004, 09:51 PM
Car passes in the post on the way to Simon and Physician.

Meeting at the ibis sounds good for sat morning. Unless there is anywhere better?

SGHOM
13-06-2004, 09:56 PM
I've lost the plot a bit with these threads !! :$
I've got a room for the night, but done nothing regards santa pod itself ?? no tickets, no passes. :rolleyes5 are we all just gonna turn up willy nilly & hope to get in & meet each other ??

Nick Mann
13-06-2004, 09:59 PM
I have car passes. I am sending them to people for admission on sunday, but figured that those of us going on saturday would be able to meet on the way.

You will need to buy your own entrance tickets.

If anyone thinks they will need their car pass before the weekend, you'd better let me know quick!

SGHOM
13-06-2004, 10:16 PM
any idea as to what time we're going to meet on saturday morning ??

Simon
13-06-2004, 11:07 PM
Yeap! :)

Nick Mann
14-06-2004, 01:16 PM
Latest info:

Camping will almost certainly be on the club stand.
It was explained to me as 'if you drive in to the grounds through the main gate towards the start area, the camping and club stand area will be on the left just before you get to the start area'.
Camping is NOT available on friday night, gates open at 8:00 on sat morning.
Caterers can stay as long as they want to, but there is no guarantee of food availability in the evening.
The BAR is open until midnight, however!

Seeing as all of us on sat are staying over, is there any need to get to the pod at 8? Can I suggest an 8-8:30 meeting time at the Ibis on sat morning, to get to the pod for 9-ish?

Whaddya think?

nick-f1
14-06-2004, 07:04 PM
I'm up for that Nick! Will I need a car pass? Do you have enough for everybody? I was going to come up friday night but sat morning ok too, Will only be myself and young son so will have space in tent if anyone needs to crash out!!!!!!! Do you think should get a ticket in advance or risk just paying on the gate?

cheers

Nick

Nick Mann
14-06-2004, 07:13 PM
Nick - I have plenty of car passes. Don't worry about that! I think we will have to pay on the gate now - I tried to buy the tickets yesterday from ticket master and the event is no longer listed. I guess that means that it is too close to buy them now.

Wodjno
14-06-2004, 07:26 PM
Hi Nick Mann ... I require a pass for Saturday please :D .. coming up with my missus and kids :stars: .. Not stopping over :sad3:

Thanks WODJ

Nick Mann
14-06-2004, 08:26 PM
Hi Nick Mann ... I require a pass for Saturday please :D

Can you be at the Ibis in Wellingborough for 8:30?

If so, I can hand it over in person! :-D

If not, PM me with your address, and I will try to get one to you before the weekend.

Nick Mann
14-06-2004, 08:30 PM
:boing3:

Hoorah!!

Looks like we are getting there... I thought asking for ten car passes was over the top, but we now have 5 on saturday and 8 on sunday!

:cool1:

Spirit
14-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Amazing what having a proper forum does :rolleyes: - keep the faith Nick ;)

Wodjno
14-06-2004, 08:40 PM
I'LL be there Nick .. look forward to meeting u all .. Till then :D

Physician
15-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Car passes in the post on the way to Simon and Physician.

Meeting at the ibis sounds good for sat morning. Unless there is anywhere better?

Many thanks Nick ........ car pass arrived this morning. Look forward to meeting y'all :D

Simon
15-06-2004, 04:54 PM
:thumbsup:

nick-f1
16-06-2004, 10:03 PM
Nick... is the Ibis in wellingborough easy to find? Bear in mind I will be coming up the A34 newbury, Bicester road, being down south

thanks Nick.

ps: looking forward to meeting you all. :-D

enigma
17-06-2004, 09:00 AM
Seeing as all of us on sat are staying over, is there any need to get to the pod at 8? Can I suggest an 8-8:30 meeting time at the Ibis on sat morning, to get to the pod for 9-ish?

Whaddya think?

I am thinking if you want to get tickets to run we need to be there at 8 on the dot. We have the stand to set up along with tents etc before we register for track passes.

I therefore propose a 7:30am meet at the Ibis, I for one do not want to miss track time!!! Perhaps we could buy some bacon and sausages and cook some brekkie when we get there?

Nick Mann
17-06-2004, 09:27 PM
nick-f1, the Ibis in Wellingborough is right on the outskirts, where the A509 meets the A45. Type NN8 2DR into multimap or similar and you will see. We are now planning on leaving there at 7:30ish to get to the pod for gates open at 8:00. The computer reckons newbury to the Ibis is almost 2 hours! :eek:

In case of problems, I will PM you my mobile no.

See you saturday!

Nick.

Nick Mann
17-06-2004, 10:07 PM
There was talk somewhere about slick tyres.

Can I point out the following, esp the last paragraph:-

Due to the ever-increasing levels of competitiveness in Run What Ya Brung competitions at Santa Pod, new guidelines have been introduced that show acceptable modifications. All Run What Ya Brung competitions are designed to cater mainly for road-legal cars. However, allowances have been made for some popular modifications that would not normally be deemed road-legal. Although some people say nitrous oxide is cheating in a road car, we say it's fun, so if you've got it, flaunt it!

Modifications from “road-legal” that are acceptable:

Removal of headlight to improve air induction
Nitrous oxide injection is permitted
Removal of wing mirrors, number plates and windscreen wipers is also acceptable
Important:

Your car must have DOT approved tyres with acceptable levels of tread!
Apart from the above modifications, your car must be MOT-worthy.
All drivers must produce a valid driving licence to sign-on.

nick-f1
18-06-2004, 01:46 PM
Hi Nick, thanks for PM. I aim to leave home hopefully before 6 am, ringwood to newbury about an hour, so looks like a 3 hr trip to the 'Pod ( have done it in less). Wellingborough is past the pod for me so will call if I may when i get to the @pod about 9am or earlier if poss. My little lad has had a nasty virus the last couple of days so cant really leave earlier.

See you all sat

cheers Nick

Nick Mann
18-06-2004, 01:57 PM
No probs. Sorry to hear about your lad. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

SGHOM
18-06-2004, 03:29 PM
are you sure we're meeting at 7.30 am ?? cant you make it a normal time, like 10.30 ??
I have my 15 yr old daughter [ slapper !! ] in tow, & she's never seen 7.30 am !! :$ :$
A few of you have met her before & she doesn't want to miss this event for the world ! bless... :bighug:

The Vee
18-06-2004, 03:59 PM
Have a good time tomorrow and Sunday to everyone - Pity i can't make it, working both days.

enigma
18-06-2004, 04:39 PM
7:30 at the IBIS

I am determined to get there at 8 come what may!

Just installed my Nitrous and its peeing it down with rain :(

Spirit
18-06-2004, 06:08 PM
Drive safely everyone and enjoy tomorrow ;)

Wodjno
18-06-2004, 08:32 PM
Hi all .. Just gave the Beast a last wash (but no polish) :( ITS RAINING Cats and Dogs :furious3: .. My neighbours were looking at me like i'd lost the plot :rolleyes5 :mad: ... Bringing a few tools with me tmora cos i ain't got my boost controller in the right pipe yet :huh: :uhoh: , and hoping someone can guide me to the right pipe :help: :thumb1: I at least want to beat my last throw down the strip .... cya all tmora .. Drive Safe .. :boing4:

WODJNO (Glenn)

and the rest of the FAM !!

nick-f1
18-06-2004, 09:14 PM
Hey Wodjno it must be catchin' my beast has had wash AND polish tonite! Er umm it wasn't me tho' so my macho integrity is intact.......... hahahaha! :$ See y'all tomorrow and good news... my son's lots better so he's coming along after all ( he's been petrified of missing this weekend) and bad news for 'Pod rules wifey came home today and announced " i've bought you some beer to take" :kissy3: kissee kissee .......... Umm Ho humm ..... its in bottles!!!! SSSHHHH I'll keep it hidden! :rolleyes5

Nick :-b :-b

PS: wots all this about rain? we 've had brilliant sunshine down here all day.

SGHOM
18-06-2004, 09:40 PM
just given my car a good wash today also !!!....................... well...mother nature did ! :$ I did plan on getting the rear springs fitted, but the weather [ & the pub ] intervened ! :lipsrseal :lipsrseal
So now my car is pointing very much downwards at the front, & It'll have to stay that way for the time being !

enigma
18-06-2004, 10:50 PM
I love washing Derek style! :D

Kieran
18-06-2004, 11:26 PM
I must now hang my head in shame and announce that the cleanest Galant at the 'Pod certainly WON'T be the GLS :( The small incident with the ATF has completley zapped my car washing time! :$:$