PDA

View Full Version : Ive renewed do i ....

ianturbo
04-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Get another key ring for mi spare set of keys ??:thinking:
ian

Wodjno
04-06-2008, 11:09 PM
Get another key ring for mi spare set of keys ??:thinking:
ian

Thinking mucho the sameo :afro:

Nevman
05-06-2008, 01:03 AM
No, it's a ball pen this year :)

The Vee
05-06-2008, 01:28 AM
Can supply key ring instead if you prefer. Please let me know by PM if you do, so I can update my records. Cheers

psbarham
05-06-2008, 06:50 AM
Thinking mucho the sameo :afro:
same as me hey bud?

As a way of showing its gratitude to the older members who keep on renewing each year without fail, the club has decided that absolutely feck all is an appropriate gift.

/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 07:14 AM
same as me hey bud?

As a way of showing its gratitude to the older members who keep on renewing each year without fail, the club has decided that absolutely feck all is an appropriate gift.

/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

Here Here /applaude

Spirit
05-06-2008, 10:30 AM
same as me hey bud?

/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

This simply isn't the case !

The committee are currently trying to finalise this years gift, and Andy has a list of people who are owed one.

Of course, between work and life, these things take time.

However, should you feel "robbed" and not are not happy to wait then I am sure the committee would agree to a refund of your renewal payment and you can go back to a registered user ?

Please let us know.

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 10:36 AM
/nag /nag /nag /nag /nag /nag /nag /Handbag :soaprant /catfight /boxing /STP :vulcan:

However, should you feel "robbed" and not are not happy to wait then I am sure the committee would agree to a refund of your renewal payment and you can go back to a registered user ?

Please let us know.

Roberto
05-06-2008, 11:10 AM
What's going on here then:stop:

People getting all stroppy about £20 a year for such good info and chat.
Try to get that anywhere else.

And then goding a fine up standing member of the comunitee to get even more stroppy./pan

Can we revert back to being nice again, you greedy little people./Handbag

richy rich
05-06-2008, 11:40 AM
I personally would like another Key ring this year when I renew as my old one has fallen apart a long time ago.

ianturbo
05-06-2008, 12:02 PM
Sorry what have i started !/pan
ian
P.S not bothered what gift !as wasn't expecting any .

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 12:12 PM
What's going on here then:stop:

People getting all stroppy about £20 a year for such good info and chat.
Try to get that anywhere else.

And then goding a fine up standing member of the comunitee to get even more stroppy./pan

Can we revert back to being nice again, you greedy little people./Handbag

WTF :speechles

Has everyone lost there freaking sense of humour :thinking:

I would bet both my Legnums that PSB's 1st post was meant tongue in cheek /yes

As was mine /pan

Do you really think i'm bothered about a poxy pen or keyring with CVR4 on it :inquisiti

I ain't even got a Mitzy anymore !! But i still stumped up the Membership Fee knowing that all the info on here is now of no use to me whatsoever :thinking:

I just paid it so i can come on here and wind everyone up /STP

And i'm suprised at Pete for posting what he did.. He must have got out of the wrong side of the bed or been kicked out before he got his ;)
Cos if he doesn't know PSB's sense of humour by now :inquisiti Then /pan

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 12:15 PM
Dp....

Spirit
05-06-2008, 01:19 PM
I would bet both my Legnums that PSB's 1st post was meant tongue in cheek /yes

That was not how I interpreted it. Had a more appropriate smiley, such as :happy: , :laugh: , /Devil5, /Hmmm or /STP for example, been used at the end of the sentence then maybe so.

The fact Paul used not just one /Grrr but three read to me that he was quite annoyed at the fact. Indeed, in any other thread it would have been read as so.

My reply of "robbed" was simply a reflection of how I thought he felt based on the above.

And i'm suprised at Pete for posting what he did
Don't be surprised, I was just sticking up for the committee who put a lot of time and effort into the club and little digs sometimes ruffle feathers.

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 01:31 PM
That was not how I interpreted it. Had a more appropriate smiley, such as :happy: , :laugh: , /Devil5, /Hmmm or /STP for example, been used at the end of the sentence then maybe so.

The fact Paul used not just one /Grrr but three read to me that he was quite annoyed at the fact. Indeed, in any other thread it would have been read as so.

My reply of "robbed" was simply a reflection of how I thought he felt based on the above.

Don't be surprised, I was just sticking up for the committee who put a lot of time and effort into the club and little digs sometimes ruffle feathers.

Well the persone who sends this stuff out ! PSB personally knows /yes He knows where he lives /yes He has his phone number /yes And probably passes within 1/2 mile of his house most days of the week /yes

If he was really bothered :inquisiti Don't u think he would have just called round or rang him :speechles

Nick Mann
05-06-2008, 01:59 PM
I can understand why Pete replied in the way he did.

There have been a few digs recently about committee roles, aimed at all of us in one way or another. We have been accused of over moderating AND being namby pamby in the last couple of months. For myself - I purchase the tickets for events on my personal credit card. For small events I have paid for everyones ticket and then got the money back on the day. Either Vicky or myself will spend a couple of hours writing addresses on envelopes before major events. There were over 40 envelopes for JapFest! I have a scratched rear bumper from the club gazebo being slid in and out of the car.

Let me now state that many of the committee put MUCH more time and effort into this club than I do.

So after all this effort, any kind of needling comment is not well received, even if it is said in jest.

Thanks very much to all those who can understand my point of view. :D

Roberto
05-06-2008, 02:07 PM
My point exactly.:baby:

No-one worries about the messing and jesting that goes on.

But lately it has felt a little close to the bone......respect is due to those that run and look after this site.
Not an easy task at the best of times.

And please remember it is for LOVE not PROFIT.

Would people prefer a rubbish site, with presents.
Or this lovely site, good club atmosphere, Gazebo's, flags, meets and the rest......

Simple answer for me anyway.:iloveyou:

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 02:14 PM
Wasn't aware of any Digs at the Committee :inquisiti

None intended :thinking:

Maybe it's just that time of the month for most of you :D

So i'll slope of into obscurity and keep my sense of humour for elsewhere(now wheres the middle finger smiley)

The Vee
05-06-2008, 03:24 PM
Hmmm having just spent 8 hours on the latest batch of packs etc, have to be honest when I read PSB's post, Red flashed up in front of me. Then I read Spirits post and indeed my reaction was the same. Yes, this years gift for multi renewers has been difficult to finalise and been doing my best to sort it, and always trying to sort something new so people don't get repeats. It would make my life so much easier just to send out same old same old. You may be thinking why write this as PSB and Wodj are so close, but you have to remember that these things when read in any context can do a lot of damage even if they were in jest.

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 04:51 PM
You may be thinking why write this as PSB and Wodj are so close, but you have to remember that these things when read in any context can do a lot of damage even if they were in jest.

Then if yourself and Pete think that what myself and PSB have wrote was actually having a dig. :inquisiti
Then why has it come to this ??

Why wasn't there an explanation sent out or posted, to say that something else was being sorted and there may be a delay on the renewal packs being dispatched.. :speechles

Like i said earlier !! I ain't bothered about a key ring or a pen or whatever else it maybe that is being sorted. :thinking:
But for those that are waiting and may have no idea whats happening, why wait to be asked by each individual ? Why not send an explanation PM to the said members ..

Anyway.. This has been turned into a farce and this is my last post on it.. There was no dig at anyone mean't by anything i posted..But if thats the way it wants to be taken then so be it.. I thought we were supposed to be more grown up and mature on this site.. Well maybe were kidding ourselves :inquisiti

Thats all i have to say on the matter.. Done and dusted for me..

AU REVOIR

elnevio
05-06-2008, 05:14 PM
Can I save my free gifts up and exchange 'em for some Brembos? :p

Only kidding, I'd make do with a year's worth of fuel vouchers... :P

Nick Mann
05-06-2008, 05:25 PM
Posts 5 and 6 are the posts that I saw as a niggle against the committee.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31613 Is the thread criticising committee members for being namby pamby.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30780 Is the thread criticising the committee for over-zealously moderating.

Posts 5 & 6 following those two threads after a short amount of time is not seen as jest. If it was meant that way then fair enough, but it came accross as far more personal. I am not asking for anything more than understanding of why comments like these are at best annoying for those of us who do try hard to keep this club alive and fun, through memberships, IT, moderating, events, etc.

I (and I believe every other committee member) will welcome constructive criticism with open arms, and will try and evolve further. Wodj, I believe several of your comments are just that and I'm sure we will discuss a couple of things at our next committee meeting.

psbarham
05-06-2008, 05:37 PM
oh ffs, this was intended as a gentle dig at the silly old fart :iloveyou: who sends out the packs, he asked me ages ago if i was bothered about the gift and i told him i couldn't care less and as and when a decision is made as to what it is then i would receive it then, but obviously some people on here have had a surgical procedure to remove the last traces of their sense of humour and have blown it all out of proportion :thinking: i ain't gonna post on this subject anymore, mainly coz i have better things to do ith my life.

Wodjno
05-06-2008, 05:40 PM
Posts 5 and 6 are the posts that I saw as a niggle against the committee.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31613 Is the thread criticising committee members for being namby pamby.

http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30780 Is the thread criticising the committee for over-zealously moderating.

Posts 5 & 6 following those two threads after a short amount of time is not seen as jest. If it was meant that way then fair enough, but it came accross as far more personal. I am not asking for anything more than understanding of why comments like these are at best annoying for those of us who do try hard to keep this club alive and fun, through memberships, IT, moderating, events, etc.

I (and I believe every other committee member) will welcome constructive criticism with open arms, and will try and evolve further. Wodj, I believe several of your comments are just that and I'm sure we will discuss a couple of things at our next committee meeting.

Well i was about to say that i had not looked at or posted in either of those threads above ! But on further investigation i see that i posted a reply to SGHOM about him having sausages for tea :scholar:

Thats basically what i thought of the threads and the subject they where raising.. I had no interest in them and thats because MODS are ther to MOD, so let them get on with it. Each MOD will have a different view on what they think is suitable and not suitable.. Each to there own /yes

As for post 6 ! This was posted in reply to what PSB had written /yes Which as i have said !! I took as being in Jest.. There are certain people on here that if they wrote the same thing i deem it as being there serious opinion /yes Others i wouldn't take seriously.. :thinking:
For instance !! If Dr McCuckoo had written the same thing :inquisiti Would i be writing this post now :speechles

Nope i don't think so..

I'm going home now so i'll leave it to you Namby Pamby over Zealous Committee members to sort out... :D

Nevman
05-06-2008, 05:42 PM
Glad it wasn't my post though... :)
Just came back from work and read all of this and think that this went way too far.
My post was a joke, and so the others in my opinion.
I wasn't expecting any gift and I'm very happy I got that pen and a letter from committee (why not in Polish)?. As a matter of fact I'm using it (the pen) on everyday basis! (black ink would do better but you can't make everyone happy /Devil5 )
Also £20 is not much for everything I enjoy on this site and club events. I would probably pay even £30 if that was the price (doesn't meat that you have to bring it up to £30 :) )
Don't think anyone would make any serious negative comment about the membership. If the individual doesn't like it, just don't pay it.

Kieran
05-06-2008, 06:19 PM
GROUP HUG!!
/grouphug :)

There's some ButterBeer* in the forum fridge as well!

* = If you don't know what 'ButterBeer' is, then you need to read the Harry Potter books by JK Rowling....

Nevman
05-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Sorry Kieran, I'm straight... /Devil5

Kieran
05-06-2008, 07:31 PM
Sorry Kieran, I'm straight... /Devil5

Pffffft. You just wish your [girlfriend / fiancee / secret lemonade drinker / farmyard animal] was hot like me.....:|

ianturbo
05-06-2008, 07:42 PM
It was only a Joke /Handbag /Handbag /Handbag ,
some people take things a little to far !
ian

miller
05-06-2008, 07:47 PM
Pffffft. You just wish your [girlfriend / fiancee / secret lemonade drinker / farmyard animal] was hot like me.....:|

ROFL as pussycat dolls song is now stuck in my head.

Fair play to all who put their personal time and belongings into a club to run it is all i can say!

Mike

Spirit
05-06-2008, 07:51 PM
obviously some people on here have had a surgical procedure to remove the last traces of their sense of humour

:idea2: Then help us out in the future by using smilies that reflect the mood of the post, and not the opposite /yes

Nevman
05-06-2008, 10:18 PM
Sh... I didn't know it's that obvoius... :(

Kieran
05-06-2008, 10:23 PM
Sh... I didn't know it's that obvoius... :(

/lol

elnevio
05-06-2008, 10:26 PM
Stop stop! Pleeease!

This is bringing back seriously bad karaoke memories!

Kieran
05-06-2008, 10:35 PM
Stop stop! Pleeease!

DONT'CHA?!

Nevman
05-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Stop stop! Pleeease!

I don't even want to know the details, ladies :)

elnevio
05-06-2008, 10:45 PM
DONT'CHA?!
OMG! Were you there?!?

The Vee
05-06-2008, 11:13 PM
Then if yourself and Pete think that what myself and PSB have wrote was actually having a dig. :inquisiti
Then why has it come to this ??

Why wasn't there an explanation sent out or posted, to say that something else was being sorted and there may be a delay on the renewal packs being dispatched.. :speechles

Like i said earlier !! I ain't bothered about a key ring or a pen or whatever else it maybe that is being sorted. :thinking:
But for those that are waiting and may have no idea whats happening, why wait to be asked by each individual ? Why not send an explanation PM to the said members ..

Anyway.. This has been turned into a farce and this is my last post on it.. There was no dig at anyone mean't by anything i posted..But if thats the way it wants to be taken then so be it.. I thought we were supposed to be more grown up and mature on this site.. Well maybe were kidding ourselves :inquisiti

Thats all i have to say on the matter.. Done and dusted for me..

AU REVOIR

There was. Also in response to a couple of posts on the same matter. PSB mentions the dicussion in his post above. Packs were sent with an explanation in them as well. So......................I'm done

Wodjno
06-06-2008, 12:18 AM
dint read above threads !
And ain't got no packs ?

Done 2 !