PDA

View Full Version : Best uprated intercooler size?

Caveman
06-06-2008, 02:20 PM
Guys,

I’ve decided to go for an uprated intercooler and piping and have spotted some nice looking ones on ebay for not much money, I have a couple of questions that someone might be able to help me with:

- Is there anything wrong with the Bar & Plate intercoolers available on ebay? You can get nice looking ones for about £100!

- What actual intercooler size (not core size) will fit without having to cut holes in the front impact beam?

- Does anyone know anywhere in the South East that can make and weld proper custom intercooler piping, not just using silicone joiners? (I was gonna go for the kit on Trademe but Gly has had problems with it.)

Cheers for your help guys!

Mart.

Wodjno
06-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Guys,

I’ve decided to go for an uprated intercooler and piping and have spotted some nice looking ones on ebay for not much money, I have a couple of questions that someone might be able to help me with:

- Is there anything wrong with the Bar & Plate intercoolers available on ebay? You can get nice looking ones for about £100!

- What actual intercooler size (not core size) will fit without having to cut holes in the front impact beam?

- Does anyone know anywhere in the South East that can make and weld proper custom intercooler piping, not just using silicone joiners? (I was gonna go for the kit on Trademe but Gly has had problems with it.)

Cheers for your help guys!

Mart.

600x300x75 will fitting with no cutting of impact beam ..

bradc
06-06-2008, 09:15 PM
The hole in the front bumper isn't 300mm high, and 300mm high intercoolers are right on the line of interferring with the impact bar. I would say that 600x250x100mm is the ideal size, but hard to find unfortunately.

Wodjno
06-06-2008, 09:18 PM
The hole in the front bumper isn't 300mm high, and 300mm high intercoolers are right on the line of interferring with the impact bar. I would say that 600x250x100mm is the ideal size, but hard to find unfortunately.

But u don't need to cut the impact bar.. And not having all of the face of the 300 high fmic in view doesn't make it less efficient than a 250 ...