PDA

View Full Version : The Right Springs

abdielhiram
06-06-2008, 03:01 PM
Hi All

I´m new on the forum. I´m not in UK or Australia, and not sure if i´m allowed to post here, but, the think is i really apprecciate advice on this.
I just got a Second Hand 1999 V6-2.5L Mitsubishi Galant. I will say this is the best car i´ve ever had. I simply love it.
I´m located in Panama, far away for both countries (UK or Australia).
Here is the deal. I´m making some upgrades o the car, but just want to make sure to buy the right springs. I have Eibach installed on my other car, and i was thinking if the driving experience is so good into that car (Toyota Yaris HB), Eibach should be a good option for my Galant. I went online into the Eibach Web, and find out this link.

http://eibach.com/cgi-bin/htmlos.exe/07130.3.3868990142500003888

They recommend ton install:
PART No. 6028.140 (Springs)
PART No. 5.73620K (ALingment Kit)

Has any of you used those for the Galant V6? If this is my solution, i will proceed and order them online.

Thanks in Advance,

Abdiel

Kieran
06-06-2008, 03:25 PM
Hello Abidel and welcome to ClubVR4! You are very welcome to post. :)

Now... Those springs COULD be right, but it's not 100%. You see, those springs are for the USA version of the car, and the US version uses a different suspension at the front... Europe, Asia and Japan all use double wishbones at the front and back, but the USA Galants use McPhersons at the front.

You can get Eibach springs for the European/Japanese Galant suspension too. Several members use them and nearly all the reviews are excellent.

If you can post a picture of your car and ideally a shot of the front suspension, we should be able to tell which Eibach springs you need. :)

abdielhiram
06-06-2008, 03:51 PM
Thanks again Kieran...

Here are some Pictures i just took...

Sorry, The car is very dirty due to constant rain latest days. It´s entering into the Car Shop for some maintenance, change Valve seals, Filters, Gaskets, Timing Belt , oil and all that. Then the next step is the paint shop, becuase it has some scratches all over the body (no big deals) and i prefer to have it in really good shape. This is a car that shines everywhere it goes... better of if you have it hadnsome though.

Well, apprecciate the advise o the springs to find somewhere to buy them either in UK or Japan. This model looks similar to the one you have in Europe, one main difference is the Left hand driving... but the body looks very similar. I´ve seen the USDM version and looks very different...

Kieran
06-06-2008, 04:15 PM
Yes, it looks like you do need the European/Japanese fitment springs.

And you're also right - A clean Galant is a happy Galant! :D

Okay... The European spring part number is almost Identical to the USA one, so be careful.

The Part number is as follows: E 6028 140

There is a further check. The Europe springs are stamped with individual numbers.

The front springs should have this number:
F6026101

The rear springs should have this number:
F6026102

Eibach's International site has contact details for two Eibach dealers in your Country. I've listed them below for you.

Crazy 4 Cars
Avenida Santa Elena 34-65
(00 50) 72 24 26 20

Mr. Enrique Thompson
Panama City
(00 50) 72 24 50 36

There are a few places in the UK that can supply those springs, but I'm not sure if they will ship internationally. If you can't get them local, post back and I'll give you some URLs to try. :)

Kieran
06-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Oh - And this is where I found all that information if you need it:

http://www.eibach.de/index_2.php?LID1=13&LID2=0&LID3=0&LID4=0&MODL=Galant%20(EA0)%20LimousineGalant%20(EA0)%20Se dan&SPA=1&C_lang=en&STEP_2=1&STEP=1&STEP_3=1&HRST=Mitsubishi&PRST=Europa/%20Asien%20-%20KatalogEuropean%20and%20Asian%20application%20g uide&STARTLIST=1

http://www.eibach.de/index_2.php?STEP_DST=3&LID1=13&LID2=0&ACT=&DSTKON=America&DSTLD=Panama

abdielhiram
06-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Many Many Thanks

this place is near home actually (Panama is not a big country). I will look for the price and also will look online to see what´s the difference. I payed 300 for my Yaris Pro Kit, but i get it from USA. Probably from Europe will be a little bit expensive, but i think is a great inversion...

White Lightning
06-06-2008, 04:29 PM
Welcome Abdiel ... and great work there Kieran /yes

TAR
06-06-2008, 05:59 PM
/Welcome

Aint the world a small place when you have the internet!!

abdielhiram
06-06-2008, 06:00 PM
/Welcome

Aint the world a small place when you have the internet!!

Thats True... there is actually something that probably we have in common... I´m a big Fan of Jeremy Clarkson... Top Gear Host... Such a great series.