PDA

View Full Version : BOV Problem

SHOWVR
06-06-2008, 10:30 PM
im trying to fit the new bov but i cant find where the hose form the blowoff valve goes? can some one point me there. i know rougly where it goes but i cant seem to find it?

apeman69
07-06-2008, 01:36 AM
If you mean the vacuum hose then you can't miss it. If your dump valve is a recirculating one I assume you have connected the two wide pipes to the dump valve that, when done, will make the shape of an L looking at the dump valve from the passenger front wheel on a right hand drive vehicle.
If you have a vent to atmosphere (noisy) dump valve then, using the L shape premise above, you would have the wide pipe that hangs and points downward (the vertical stroke of the L) connected to your dump valve and the other wide pipe (the horizontal stroke of the L) should be plugged as this pipe goes back into the intake system.
Anyway, the vacuum hose (if this is what you are trying to connect) should be pushed onto a nipple connector that is approximately level with where the....
oh, f&%$ it, I'll do a doodle....... It's a lot easier to see if you can get under the car rather than having it smply jacked up a bit.
Obviously, if you took a dump valve off then you should have all the pipes still there. The nipple for the vacuum pipe is roughly level with where the end of the thick pipe that hangs downwards is jubilee clipped at it's attached end. From underneath the car this is probably a good forearm's length upwards and toward the engine.

SHOWVR
07-06-2008, 03:17 AM
thanks - ill look into it now

Paul C
07-06-2008, 03:58 AM
If you mean the vacuum hose then you can't miss it. If your dump valve is a recirculating one I assume you have connected the two wide pipes to the dump valve that, when done, will make the shape of an L looking at the dump valve from the passenger front wheel on a right hand drive vehicle.
If you have a vent to atmosphere (noisy) dump valve then, using the L shape premise above, you would have the wide pipe that hangs and points downward (the vertical stroke of the L) connected to your dump valve and the other wide pipe (the horizontal stroke of the L) should be plugged as this pipe goes back into the intake system.
Anyway, the vacuum hose (if this is what you are trying to connect) should be pushed onto a nipple connector that is approximately level with where the....
oh, f&%$ it, I'll do a doodle....... It's a lot easier to see if you can get under the car rather than having it smply jacked up a bit.
Obviously, if you took a dump valve off then you should have all the pipes still there. The nipple for the vacuum pipe is roughly level with where the end of the thick pipe that hangs downwards is jubilee clipped at it's attached end. From underneath the car this is probably a good forearm's length upwards and toward the engine.

I cant understand this, replacing the Bov is a piece of piss. Look under the front near the passenger wheel. Its obvious once you see the BOV location.Just replace like for like if recirc,if vent to atmosphere block the pipe that goes to the front turbo and attach bov to the other.

SHOWVR
07-06-2008, 04:41 AM
My BOV is top mounted - i was having trouble finding where to connect the hose from the bov.

Paul C
07-06-2008, 04:46 AM
My BOV is top mounted - i was having trouble finding where to connect the hose from the bov.

Its a good job you edited that i was about to make a comment about not understanding your sentence. Have you sorted it yet?

matt25649
07-06-2008, 08:10 AM
Bro, i have sent you a pm

SHOWVR
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
sorted - but the BOV is still not making any sort of noise when boosting.....there maybe an issue with it? ill have a look again today at it.

Nick Mann
08-06-2008, 10:15 PM
Any chance of a photo?

If your BOV is top mounted, then it is already aftermarket. If it is a recirc (unlikely if it has been relocated) then you won't hear it. You shouldn't hear it on boost, you should hear it as you come off boost suddenly - i.e. when you go from hard acceleration to complete lift off quickly.

If you already understand all of that, then check your vacuum or signal tubing to the BOV. Check it all the way back to the manifold and include pipes going anywhere else. Check the thing is plugged in to the right place. Was the previous BOV working properly? Did I mention that pictures help? :P

SHOWVR
08-06-2008, 11:52 PM
Any chance of a photo?

If your BOV is top mounted, then it is already aftermarket. If it is a recirc (unlikely if it has been relocated) then you won't hear it. You shouldn't hear it on boost, you should hear it as you come off boost suddenly - i.e. when you go from hard acceleration to complete lift off quickly.

If you already understand all of that, then check your vacuum or signal tubing to the BOV. Check it all the way back to the manifold and include pipes going anywhere else. Check the thing is plugged in to the right place. Was the previous BOV working properly? Did I mention that pictures help? :P

It is aftemarket, thanks - sorry I meant to say when I come off boost. /pan
Ill try get a pic up - im gona go do some work on the car now and then I will let you know the outcome. Thanks:happy: