PDA

View Full Version : SOLD: Galant V6-24; 109k;

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:33 AM
*** EDIT: All writing in this colour reflects changes since my original advert, for the purposes of Confused's new advert. ***

Ok, following on from my 'Gauging interest in the V6-24' thread, I am actually doing a proper FS thread now, especially as I have been tidying and taking pictures.

General

Service history - next one due at 111k, or end of August 2008
MoT until September 2008
Taxed until the end of August 2008
Still got the original handbook
Just over 109,000 miles
3 previous owners

Exterior

Metallic blue
Has seen better days!
Stone chips, road tar, some rough paint speckles which I must have picked up from following a rubbish wagon that had blue paint dripping out the back - could probably benefit from a claying
Rusty rear wheel arches
A few door dents
Small scrape to the front passenger door/wing
Scuff marks on the rear bumper, passenger side
The passenger side mudguards are loose, due to some stupid one-directional speed bumps at Mrs B's work
The front bumper is slightly out of shape
17" 100+ 'Jet' alloys, most with various kerb marks, shod in evenly worn Dunlop SP9000 205/45/17 tyres. Tread level all round is in the region of 3mm ***original wheels refitted prior to sale***

Interior

Full beige electric leather seats, fully operational, except for the seat heaters - although Mrs B claims that the back section of the driver's seat DOES work. Hmmm, easier to assume they don't! Anyway, no rips or tears, but usual (though possibly better than usual) slight wear on driver's seat bolster
Original dealer (Ken Jervis Ltd) beige car mats
Nothing broken in the passenger compartment - glove box works fine, centre console storage fully working, all lights working
Working Philips CARiN Navigation head unit, sat nav computer (under parcel shelf) and six-disc changer (under passenger seat), although the changer doesn't always like working if it has been cold, and the car warms up (usually a winter problem...). Only issue is that the sat nav computer appears not to retain any of my memorised addresses, so I guess that the flash memory in the unit has expired, but otherwise works fine ***removed before sale***
Climate control is fully operational, and the aircon radiator was replaced in August 2005 - so obviously regassed at that time. I think it works slightly better than the Leggie's!

Mechanical

2.5 V6 24v with manual transmission
Runs very smoothly, no starting problems, no idling problems, no running problems - just no problems!
Except the usual tappety sound on start-up, and sometimes when running - this is not apparent for a good few thousand miles after an oil change, and is still quite quiet. I have topped up the oil (and spilt a little on the front exhaust manifold - d'oh! - so I have run the engine for a while and I think most of it is now burnt off, although this is the only time I'm aware of it ever burning oil!)
Cat-back Powerflow stainless steel exhaust fitted in August 2005 - this is one of the nicest-sounding, yet understated exhausts I know! One of my ex-scooby owning mates preferred the sound of mine to his!
New clutch fitted January 2006
As were front brake discs and green stuff pads, has since had new pads too, due to one pad wearing unevenly due to a fitting issue - but this is a pre-98 V6, so the brakes are rubbish anyway
Gearbox is fine - no grinding or other unpleasant noises, just reverse is a little notchy when cold and is no worse from when I got the car in April 2005, although the clutch pedal seems slightly stiff when cold, but I had the master cylinder checked over at its last service and it was fine
Suspension seems fine, no knocking or other noises, or bouncing due to worn-out shocks. Lower suspension arm replaced at the end of last year
Had cambelt service then as well
Had new battery at same time
Currently has a K&N induction filter installed - and this sound very nice on song - it complements the exhaust very nicely, although not sure there's that much of a power increase, maybe a couple of extra horses in the stable (I do have the rest of the original airbox, and a nearly-new filter) ***original airbox and filter refitted prior to sale***
One issue, well I say issue, I don't think it is, but I will mention it, is that the coolant level in the header tank is low (it just registers in the expansion tank), but has always been low and never goes lower than where it is now. It has been like this since I got the car. If topped up, it soon goes back to its favoured low level. However, if you open the radiator when cold, the level there is at the top! There is no contamination of the oil, and there are no known leaks, and I assume that there is some sort of pressure variance that is forcing it out of the expansion tank, possibly. But I don't know for sure, although as I say - it has been the same since I got the car and caused zero problems. Never had any overheating issues, temp gauge is rock solid at just below half-way

The deal

***not relevant***

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:37 AM
***original wheels refitted prior to sale***

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:41 AM
***CARiN sat nav system fully removed prior to sale***

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:43 AM

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:46 AM

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:48 AM
And there you go! I could potentially bring it to Jap Show, for delivery purposes if need be.

For this, and anything else, please enquire within!

elnevio
08-06-2008, 09:26 PM
'course, I might just Nitro it until it blows up - that'd be fun. /rally

Although, it would defo only be good for parts then...

elnevio
09-06-2008, 07:18 PM
Time for a cheeky BTTT!

elnevio
13-06-2008, 06:21 PM
Ok peeps, another bttt, and to mention that the passenger side windscreen trim (on outside) occasionally pops out of its clips, but doesn't cause any probs!

And where have all the interested parties gone?! My previous thread had a few!!

Remember my offer of Jap Show delivery too!

elnevio
25-06-2008, 02:40 PM
Another bump - hopefully timely!

Any interested parties?

Another couple of weeks, and I'll be taking the good bits off, eBaying what I can, and eBaying the car too. Timescale will obviously be dependent on my laziness factor too...

elnevio
25-06-2008, 04:02 PM
Also, the thread has been changed to allow very near offers to £x, and the first post has been updated.

So, roll up! Roll up! Get your cheap V6 here!

ANTHONY
27-06-2008, 09:17 PM
just thought i'd post as all the others are by you Nev

elnevio
27-06-2008, 10:42 PM
just thought i'd post as all the others are by you Nev
Ta! :2thumbsup

Loving the avatar BTW!

elnevio
14-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Not long left before I strip the bits off and get eBaying. The fact it hasn't happened yet, is mostly down to my overall laziness!

Davezj
04-09-2008, 10:09 PM
There is a bloke looking for a v6 and this thread has been linked to his question (buy some helpfull chap not me could be K something) so hope all goes well. ChrisP username.

elnevio
11-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Cheers Dave. Chris was looking for a Gestate though.

Anyway, MOT has been done and duly failed! Yoinks!

By tomorrow afternoon, the following will have been done:

- Front brake discs changed as they were worn
- Track-rod end changed
- Back box tightened up as leaking exhaust gases
- Original wheels going back on, as much better tread - one rear tyre on the 17s was just a fail
- Oil and filter change
- Full MOT!

Car is now declared SORN.

Any cheeky offers are invited!

kamal
12-09-2008, 11:38 PM
How much for the wheels? and how bad's the curbing?

pitslayer
13-09-2008, 01:53 AM
Shame, you willl really struggle to sell it as a running car though, my old blue one, i ended up selling for 600 quid, with a brand new gearbox in it, brand new toyo proxies, half tank of fuel. Although the person who bought it, duly trashed it within a couple of days, took the one side out on something, no longer appears on askmid. Good luck parting it out, might take some interest in the elecy seats depending on ho much you want for them?

Confused
19-10-2008, 12:41 PM
You'll have PM in a couple of minutes once I've written it and hit the "Send PM" button. /lol

elnevio
19-10-2008, 07:33 PM
You'll have PM in a couple of minutes once I've written it and hit the "Send PM" button. /lol
PM received and duly responded to!

elnevio
21-10-2008, 07:10 AM
SOLD, pending payment & collection

Kieran
21-10-2008, 10:11 AM
SOLD, pending payment & collection

Yay!

Confused
21-10-2008, 10:29 AM
And I'm the mug who's buying it ;)

Since we bought my GF (mesobitchy)'s estate (aka The Hearse), I've been driving that and really enjoying it, and I'm becoming more unhappy with driving my highly modified Prelude around, doing a 70 mile commute each day! So, another Galant is what's needed, and this one fits the bill nicely, so I can stick the Prelude in a garage and decide in a few months whether I miss driving it, or whether it's finally time to get rid!

That, and I was looking at the Galant 6 years ago when I started my last job, and then 3 years ago I was considering a VR4 (when I got my Prelude instead) - hence my join date here!!

mesobitchy
21-10-2008, 11:34 AM
cant wait to get this car back here, least it will look good on the drive (doh! its gonna be the 323 thing again with a seeming less endless set of them buggers on the drive!) and also i can then drive my car an he can drive this one.

elnevio
21-10-2008, 04:02 PM
Just doing some final tidying and cleaning :afro: - then the V6 will have the privilege of garage occupancy :baby: for the final weeks of the stay with me... :bigcry:

Before being whisked off to a new life! /toycar

elnevio
21-11-2008, 09:10 PM
Well, I've waved cheerio to the V6-24, and received word that it has safely arrived at its new some 160 miles away.

Hopefully, it will be able to live a peaceful life. But I get the impression it might not at first!! :P

Really pleased it's still in the club, so hope it's as good to you as it was to me! :thumbsup:

ADMIN: Please can the title of the thread be amended to SOLD (Rich, you changed the title of my first post!). Thank you!

Confused
21-11-2008, 09:26 PM
Cheers Nev!

Awesome bloke, was great to finally meet you.

Car didn't skip a beat on the way home (not that I was expecting it to, of course!) and it's now nestled safely on the drive with it's playmate! ;)

We'll keep you updated on the status of the car, no doubt mesobitchy will post about it enough ;)

Garry

Lillywotsername
23-11-2008, 05:23 PM
Congrats to you both on the new arrival....

valleyforge1
02-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Alls well that ends well