PDA

View Full Version : Advice from the Experts

abdielhiram
09-06-2008, 04:32 AM
I just find out today something that became pretty annoying for me...

In the area, where the Gearbox is located, i found some kind of wire, holding 3 or 4 clips that i supposed were tight by a screw before. I figure out this piece moves when you make a change on the gear (Automatic Transmission). The car is going to the Garage this week, but i will like to have some advice on how to explain to the guy what i saw. I´m attaching 2 pics (Hope this Helps).
Also and probably offtopic, i have just one Doubt. I was reading about different engine types, but ironically my Galant doesnt have the Engine Type anywhere. The question is, mine is a V6 2500 - 24V. Is that engine a 6A13 Engine? I bought an Overhaul Kit (Valve Seals, Spark Plugs Seals, Head Gaskets, Valve Cover Gaskets). Those parts were ordered for the 6A13 Engine. i hope i have them right. I was reading in Wikipedia, and appears that the main difference between the regular Galant or the VR-4 or Legnum is the Twin Turbo. Just want to make sure my engine is a 6A13, i´m starting to be afraid that i got the wrong parts...

Thanks again.
Abdiel

Subaru ETA
09-06-2008, 06:55 AM
i cant really make out what that is in the pic..

your engine as a 6a13. did you tell them it was a sohc? vr4s are dohc