PDA

View Full Version : It's back and woohoo - thanks Eurospec - awesome!

Nice But
09-06-2008, 03:12 PM
Collected the Leggy from Ben at Eurospec on saturday and what can I say.......... Yay it's quick.

Ben managed to get a safe 305HP with the MAP2 ECU /rally the difference it makes when switched to the primary map is amazing........ 100+ comes very quickly, a rough test with a stop watch and my lad puts the 0-60 sub 6 seconds. Cruising at 60 and breath on the throttle, then check the speed, as you will have passed 90+ very quickly........ so I'm a happy boy.

Thanks to Ben:iloveyou: at Eurospec 2000. Worth the drive to have an expert perform the tuning on my car....... now I need wideband/EGT guage and Boost guage. I can feel a 60mm PLX guage and controllers coming:happy: .

rees
09-06-2008, 04:40 PM
but cant you change the boost yourself with the map ecu ?, i thought you could ??

White Lightning
09-06-2008, 04:57 PM
Great news Tim ... :pimp2:

Nick Mann
09-06-2008, 05:31 PM
but cant you change the boost yourself with the map ecu ?, i thought you could ??

You can with the MAP2. But to start messing around safely, you need to understand what your car is doing.

Glad you are happy, Tim! The best thing with these is not always the power increase, but the increase of the area under the curve. Do you know what the power was before as well? Have you got before and after curves and numbers?

Physician
09-06-2008, 06:28 PM
The best thing with these is ........... the increase of the area under the curve.

Nothing like nice curves ......... totally agree with you Nick :thinking:

Nice But
09-06-2008, 08:17 PM
Nick I have both maps....... can't remember what the base line figure was /pan

I'll have to show you whe I come over to do my trans box and diff oil :iloveyou: one day......

I loved the car before and now it's even better :happy:

Kieran
09-06-2008, 09:41 PM
Nice. Is that solely with a Map 2? Any other changes?

Nice But
10-06-2008, 01:31 PM
K, 2.5" decat exhaust and a HKS panel filter, is all thats different. Ben has worked wonders, the primary map just gives you so much grunt it's amazing.

Ben was telling me to further improve the figures I would need Wideband and EGT sensors but TBH the car is about as quick as I want it /rally. Just been out playing with a scooby round the lanes, we pull up at the lights he jumps out and asked me what the F**k the car was...../pan but couldn't get away from me :happy: . So Indeed I am a happy bunny, on the secondary stock map it seems to be more economical as well..... I got over 175 miles to half a tank whereas before I would have been lucky to get 100, so another +

Ben is a VR4 god!!!!!!! :afro:

White Lightning
10-06-2008, 01:36 PM
K, 2.5" decat exhaust and a HKS panel filter, is all thats different.

OK, now I want one ...

Nice But
10-06-2008, 01:56 PM
WL, Give Ben a call he may have a spare one........ definately worth the money IMO.