PDA

View Full Version : lorry protests

ANTHONY
14-06-2008, 10:14 PM
the 1st protest the other week they told the police and were put on the hard shoulder and it was half term, the protest today was a Saturday so me thinking not many people about. i suppose the next protest will be outside a school at 4 O'Clock once they've gone home. now why don't they just do a real big protest on a week day and DON'T tell any body that way it might make more impact

g8legnum
15-06-2008, 10:42 AM
Probably because this all has to be regulated and agreed with the local constabularry, otherwise they would all get done for causing an obstruction or sommat /help :speechles

Scanny
15-06-2008, 03:08 PM
you mean like the 19th July?

valleyforge1
15-06-2008, 07:59 PM
Big protest today from Lymm truckstop to Carnforth. Our wagans wernt in it thougt.

Scanny
16-06-2008, 12:16 PM
there is bigger and better coming up. and it aint just for the trucks. im a trucker and i criticised the group i was part of because they suddenly announced they were only supporting hauliers. they wont get the support they need. a few of us have started our own organisation lobbying for all motorists whether you are putting fuel in a moped or an artic.
we would like your support both on the forum and at the events. im not going in a truck, but i am going in my galant! we willnot be lobbying for any one group or industry. we are lobbying on behalf of all consumers!
www.britainsrevolting.co.uk

(/thankyou Kieren)

kamal
17-06-2008, 01:03 AM
there is bigger and better coming up. and it aint just for the trucks. im a trucker and i criticised the group i was part of because they suddenly announced they were only supporting hauliers. they wont get the support they need. a few of us have started our own organisation lobbying for all motorists whether you are putting fuel in a moped or an artic.
we would like your support both on the forum and at the events. im not going in a truck, but i am going in my galant! we willnot be lobbying for any one group or industry. we are lobbying on behalf of all consumers!
www.britainsrevolting.co.uk

(/thankyou Kieren)

I've registered, it's not just fuel prices that are going up it's tax and insurance as well.

pitslayer
17-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Do you know what i was more hacked off with today, not the price of fuel but the fact i couldnt get any because of the lorry drivers causing crap, i would rather pay for stupidly high fuel than not have any at all. the shell tanker drivers have no sympathy from me, really hacked off with them making a problem worse than it needs to be.

Kenneth
17-06-2008, 05:01 AM
be funny when the tanker drivers can't afford the fuel to transport the fuel to the gas stations...

Ryan
17-06-2008, 06:01 AM
be funny when the tanker drivers can't afford the fuel to transport the fuel to the gas stations...
:2thumbsup

Scanny
17-06-2008, 10:33 AM
as a group we do NOT support the tanker drivers! their strike is strictly selfishness. who the hell asks for a 13% pay rise? other than politicians i mean!
at the moment we are discussing the details of what our demand is. VAT is by EU law a minimum of 15% so we want a reduction on the duty that is on fuel. thats the biggest money spinner for the government and as they have been enjoying a huge surplus lately they can afford to reduce it.
the problem is that if we demand a reduction of 25p from duty, oil prices would reduce that saving which puts us back where we are. we are therefore looking into the possibility of demanding a £1 per litre 'cap' which means regardless of oil prices, the government makes the necessary adjustments to ensure the average pump price is £1.

i would like to emphasise the point that we are NOT a lobbying group for hauliers! i am a truck driver but i gain nothing from their rebate therefore it makes sense for us to fight for everyone so the hauliers can benefit from that. the admin are a variety of people. for example on is an accountant, another is studying to be a doctor!

Scanny
17-06-2008, 10:50 AM
Kamal, we wont be stopping at fuel mate. after this campaign we are moving into other areas. if you have suggestions then voice them. every registered member is part of the team!

Pitslayer, the blockades arent helping either. again, that is down to hauliers and we do not support that kind of action. our protests are all legal and are not intended to cause disruption to anyone. in fact, if i go ahead an organise the scottish protest it will be set up like a military convoy ie single file with spacing in between each vehicle to allow other road users to carry on with their business (or join in if they so wish). any protest i run personally will be set up like this

miller
17-06-2008, 10:55 AM
well done Scanny. i will support any protest within my locality. we need to learn from the french who dont take any crap from their government

Scanny
17-06-2008, 11:13 AM
it just happens that we have an organiser in your area. the chap who organised the protest on saturday is with us.

one of the purposes for the website is to co-ordinate the protests nationally. rather than having a dozen events in different parts of the UK at different times, we are trying to get the organisers and groups to use our site to communicate with each other and co-ordinate their indivdual campaigns to create national protests where everyone can join in without travelling half way across the country. this would send a bigger message to the government too. it makes more sense to do it this way from all angles.

thanks for your support. it is appreciated