PDA

View Full Version : FS: Gauging Interest - Cheap 1996 VW Golf CL Diesel...

Kieran
15-06-2008, 02:01 AM
Oh Crumbs.... /help :end:

Right, as explained in the Galant 'For sale' thread, I've been made redundant, and as such the Golf will shortly be redundant too! As soon as I no longer need to travel 40 odd miles each day, the Golf looses its trump card of saving us money through being very economical.

So.... In a few months time (I have yet to work my notice period, etc. etc.), would anyone be interested a Golf with a pedigree worthy of any flea-bitten mongrel?!

Basic spec as follows:

1996 'N'Registration
107,000 miles
No service history whatsoever
MOT & Tax Due end of September

Good Points:

Does 45mpg even when driven like a getaway car (Note - use as a getaway car is not recommended)
Generally reliable - Only blotted its copybook once when a refurb starter motor burned out.
Since we've owned it, it has been serviced 2 or 3 times and the cost of parts is stupidly cheap if you use Eurocarparts or GSF.
It has 4 seats.
The radio doesn't rattle in the dash since I shimmed it with a bit of cardboard.
It stops you having to use public transport.

Bad points:

The car is a complete and total shed.

So, when we're done with it in a month or two, it will be for sale. I know what the scrap value is, so the first person to offer me above that gets it.

It would make an ideal car for nobody, but it is cheap to run. And it could be yours for banger money.

I'll do a proper thread in due course, but if anyone's interested, holler now and I'll put you on the 1st refusal list when the time comes.:scholar:

psbarham
15-06-2008, 08:54 AM
200 quid cash sir????

it'll be perfect for cat, and i bet rear bumpers are cheaper for the golf than legnums:inquisiti /Grrr

Kieran
15-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Okay Paul, when we're ready to sell the golf (as mentioned above, we still need the car for a couple of months yet), you'll have first refusal.

psbarham
15-06-2008, 01:15 PM
thats fine mate, sorry to hear about the job though mate, hope it works out for ya soon

Kieran
01-08-2008, 11:52 PM
Sold! - And another one of the KieranCorp fleet goes to a owner within the club! :) He'll do you proud - he certainly did us! /yes

WildCards
02-08-2008, 12:03 AM
I'll give you £1000 for her. Sold I hear you say, bugger!

psbarham
02-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Sold! - And another one of the KieranCorp fleet goes to a owner within the club! :) He'll do you proud - he certainly did us! /yes
well its home safely, i think cat is quite taken with it, well apart from one comment about power?????:thinking:

Thanks again for this evening mate, the boys were asleep before we left mansfield so it was a nice quite ride home

Kieran
02-08-2008, 12:46 AM
Oh yeah, Power was one of the optional extras along with the electric windows - I don't think the original purchaser chose that!

bradc
02-08-2008, 01:31 AM
So wait, you now have a Legnum in permanent dry dock and an undriveable 'classic' galant (I uset he term classic loosely) How will you get to a new job?

psbarham
02-08-2008, 08:49 AM
So wait, you now have a Legnum in permanent dry dock and an undriveable 'classic' galant (I use he term classic loosely) How will you get to a new job?

they send a helicopter to pick him up.

bloody obvious really :thinking:

Kieran
02-08-2008, 12:38 PM
So wait, you now have a Legnum in permanent dry dock and an undriveable 'classic' galant (I uset he term classic loosely) How will you get to a new job?

I have my rickshaw and a couple of slaves!