PDA

View Full Version : Official Mitsubishi parts

Brind
20-05-2003, 09:17 PM
Went to my local dealer yesterday because of the problem with the AYC.

As a matter of interest I asked about the cold air feed that supplies the original airbox on the VR-4.
I wanted one temporarily to feed a bit of cold air to my HKS so I asked if they sold them and how much?

As those of you know that have them, they are just flimsy plastic things but been designed to fit well.
They wanted over £50 excluding VAT! :eek: taking the pi$$ or what?! :D
I didn't buy one.;)

We discussed several problems with the vehicles they sell, from replacing engine oil and oil caps to brand new engines!
They said to fill up a Shogun it would cost over £80 using their oil! that''s excluding VAT!

Apparently they had a car come in a short while ago with a blown engine.
It was the normal Galant 2.5 V6 N/A engine.
To buy a new one it costs OVER £10,000! :beerbang:

Gearbox I've heard on here cost £4,000.

Luckily they are a very reliable manufacturer.

And to those who don't want a warranty........... hope you have deep pockets! :Eyecrazy:

banjo
16-06-2003, 12:27 PM
Bet spares incl. major components don't cost that in Japan. Think I would make enquiries as to either going myself to Japan and purchase/freight back here or talk to one of the second hand Jap spares scrappies here as they do go to Japan to pick up gear or ask one of the grey import companies if they would oblige.

How much are these type of component spares in NZ Pescha?

If club gets big enough p'raps we could organise a regular run for normal consumables INSERT INTO post VALUES (filters, cam belts, plugs) and other gear as required.

Banjo

haydar
16-06-2003, 09:29 PM
I've been doing a little research and have found that it's much cheaper to import parts from the States or Japan direct. Interestingly the parts from America are even cheaper than parts from japan and on average less than half the price of parts in the UK!!!!

For example. A set of lash adjusters cost £440 +VAT in the UK while an upgraded set of lash adjusters INSERT INTO post VALUES (larger oil supply holes) from America cost $295 all inclusive!!!!!!!! Thats just £185!!!!!! Talk about taking the P***.

By the way, the VR4's engine shares a lot of internals with the Mitsubishi GT0, which is very popular in the states, and known there as the VR4. :confused: :confused:

bonsai boy
19-06-2003, 09:03 PM
i go out to japan each year prices are a lot cheaper now.
the pound is very strong
places like ueno to okachimaichi youre find rows of showrooms accessories and parts [ car heaven ]
we import 2 contaners ayear of trees allways room for
a few parts aswell:

haydar
19-06-2003, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by bonsai boy
i go out to japan each year prices are a lot cheaper now.
the pound is very strong
places like ueno to okachimaichi youre find rows of showrooms accessories and parts [ car heaven ]
we import 2 contaners ayear of trees allways room for
a few parts aswell:

Do let anyone know before you go off on your next trip. :cool1: :cool1:

bonsai boy
03-07-2003, 10:52 PM
going november 03 hope to get prices.
then will be going over feb 04 to pick trees. then the parts
from nov trip can be packed with the trees and dry goods
we norm ship 2 20foot cont a year

Wintergalant
21-07-2003, 10:25 AM
What kind of parts you guys looking for in the states i can get prices for you if you like?