PDA

View Full Version : BP ultimate

SGHOM
03-03-2004, 06:50 PM
Is BP ultimate 98 RON ???
My local garage has just started selling It !! went in, & filled up, then asked the cashier what grade it was.
stupid question I know !!! WHOOSH !!!! straight over her head !!
"we dont sell that " ... "but I've just filled up with It !!"
"err...pass" !!
86.9P per litre, so It better be at least 98 RON. :shrug:

& Is It as good as Optimax ??

Kieran
03-03-2004, 07:01 PM
Thought it was as good.... until I changed back to Optimax again. :undecided

All I can say is that the GLS feels as quick on Optimax as on ultimate, but gets better mpg on Optimax.

Spirit
03-03-2004, 07:09 PM
I may be wrong but I thought it was still 97ron and just replaced the older super unleaded they did.

I do use this more than Optimax as there isn't a Shell near me and tbh I can't tell a difference.

enigma
03-03-2004, 07:10 PM
optimax optimax ra ra ra optimax optimax........hold on......

Cool Blue Cool Blue ra ra ra! Cool Blue Cool Blue ra ra ra!

Optimax 19p per mile
Cool Blue £1.70 per mile

:greedy: :stunned: :thinking: :Cry1: :Eyecrazy:

Spirit
03-03-2004, 07:13 PM
:lolz: @ BDA !

My idea of getting some 76 Cool Blue now has gone right out the window - the manufacturers sell it for £39.00 for 10L but want £22 for delivery ! (£6.10 a litre is a bit OTT :sad3: ).

I looked at their distributor list and called the nearest one (Swindon) to see if they stock it as my mate lives there and could have brought it down to Plymouth but they don't :(

Brind
03-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Coming back from J.A.E. last year and filled up after we left with BP Ultimate, can't say the performance was any different.

Price wise it appears dearer for the BP stuff.

Roadrunner
03-03-2004, 08:44 PM
BP Ultimate is just 97RON Supergreen rebadged :sad3: A triumph of marketing over substance! Just call it something that sounds special and let people's imagination do the rest ... Marvellous.

Shell Optimax is reckoned to be 98.6RON but doesn't meet any British Standard so, because it doesn't get a BS number, it actually doesn't need to meet any standard. However, I've been using it exclusively since it came out and never had any problems with detonation so I'll keep using it until something (really) better appears :)

Brian

Nick Mann
03-03-2004, 09:12 PM
Ultimate never seems as good as optimax - maybe it's psychological. Round here it is more expensive than optimax, so don't bother with it anyway.

Nick VR4
03-03-2004, 10:01 PM
Tried it didnt feel any difference apart the the price was to high so wont be going to them any more :D

KiwiTT
03-03-2004, 10:06 PM
Does anyone know about Synergy 8000 from Mobil. I have been using BP Ultimate.