PDA

View Full Version : Other car reactions to these.

Brind
20-05-2003, 09:35 PM
I haven't drivin this car for very long.
But so far I've noticed the following attention from other road users.

Big cars such as the BMW 3 series onwards, Mercs, Mondeo's etc seem to be okay so far.

BUT

Irrespective of how fast I'm going, smaller cars are overtaking slower cars and jumping in front of me, sometimes even slowing me down quite abit.

Aggressive people carrier MPV things tend to do it aswell and even try and overtake me if I'm cruising in the middle lane, or again pull out in front of me.

Nothing seems to want to race me, or really try to come around me or pull upto lights if there is another lane free INSERT INTO post VALUES (I'm on the left).
But small cars do!

When driving the 200SX people wanted to race me or gain my car to come to a stop in front of me at a junction etc.

Today I even had twats trying to slow me down! not racing me, just crawling in front, when I couldn't overtake.
I had to rush around today but I wasn't being aggressive in the slightest.

It seems that in other cars that I've driven people tend to know or think they know how you will react, whereas with these they know in the back of their minds they won't stand a change so they will just make it awkward...

Just some thoughts... what do you guys reckon?

Let it be known I don't bother playing with cars, I teach them!:cool:

BraindG
20-05-2003, 10:06 PM
:D

my favourite subject... are we sitting comfortably?

Some of the things i dont do while driving are as follows
- Bully
- Tailgate
- Undertake

I wait for my time, unless of course its a dumbass that could/should have pulled in to let me through on the motorway, several times.. then ill let him know i want past..

There are only the select few that know what our cars are.. and those will, ive noticed, give you a nod as they overtake.. its happened 3 times now.. then its play time :D
but that’s it really :INSERT INTO post VALUES (

right back to my initial story..

ok, i listed a few things that i dont do, normally.. however.. if i notice people not being patient and then start to bully/tailgate people who are infront of them, for no reason.. i mean, if there isn’t a hope in hell that the guy can pull in to let him past, cos middle lane in full for example. Then i go into vigilante mode :grrr: there’s no need to do what hes doing, so ill piss him off and do it to him.. then when the guy in front of him finally lets him/us through ill continue doing it, if he isnt able to let me past that is, wouldnt be making my point then..

then come the under takers.. they really piss me off.. with the power of the vr-4 that gap infront of me is gone within seconds.. and ive pulled back up along side him..

Then there are the times when im bored.. and a fast car comes flying up, and past me.. only bother if its a decent car, no point racing people in souped up saxos or vectra drivers.. I recall a time with a Porsche 924 INSERT INTO post VALUES ( i think) had a bit of fun with him, im sure he was shocked at what my car was doing.. :cool1:

But yes, the majority of people don’t pick you for a race.. infact don’t even give you a second glance most times.. which can sometimes be their downfall :beerbang:

Brind
20-05-2003, 10:26 PM
:)

I've also forced someone over who was tailgating someone else, when like you say the car in front of them had nowhere to go.

I get annoyed by people who try and come round you even though you aren't going slow, they accelerate hard just to gain you and then slow down, I haven't really had that in this car yet, although when driving upto Japfest the other day I was going about 90 and some twat in a people carrier had to come past me and then pull in front and then get off the mortorway anyway..:shrug: there wasn't anything behind me!
:rolleyes:

I have also waited until someone trys to gain me for no reason and then I speed up slightly so they can't pull in again, I even managed to make someone take a wrong exit because he annoyed me so much.

It's just these MPVs and little cars giving me the grief! what is the matter with people these days! :D

BraindG
20-05-2003, 10:33 PM
ill stop the APB on you then - you shouldnt be bothered by them again

Brind
20-05-2003, 10:37 PM
APB? Am I being dense?

BraindG
20-05-2003, 10:42 PM
:eek: All Points Bulletin.

landy
20-05-2003, 10:43 PM
i've noticed alot more when i'm driving the VR4 people tend to drive right up my arse more than any other vehicle i've driven.

it's not that i drive too slow, or too fast for that matter, it's just that they seem to want to pass me to prove a point.

one time a van driver wound me up so much once doing this that when a set of traffic lights turned green to go i waited a while to hold him up before driving off very slowly. i must have frightened him because he kept right back after that. it was quite funny when i think about it.:D
:devil2:

Brind
20-05-2003, 10:43 PM
Okay I'm still lost.. I'll go and sit quietly in the corner with my pointy hat.

landy
20-05-2003, 11:28 PM
jsorry, just posting this to see if my pic works on my signature

landy
20-05-2003, 11:35 PM
hmmm.

how do i get the pic in the left hand coloum ?

BraindG
20-05-2003, 11:45 PM
its in

User CP
Edit Options
"change avater" INSERT INTO post VALUES (at bottom)
Then "You can upload an avatar from your computer:" and use browse function to locate you picture :D

thats a tenner please :p

Simon
20-05-2003, 11:46 PM
As told by someone more wiser than me!....go to user cp at top of screen.....go to edit options...then avator option of using a pre set picture or your own.....its taken me 2 weeks...easy when you know how.

Simon
20-05-2003, 11:48 PM
....the one who posted before me...ps your tenners in the post! Beep...Beep.....:thumb:

Ultra VR-4
21-05-2003, 03:01 AM
I tried to change my avartar many times...
I went to user cp >>> then edit options >>>
then change avartar >>> then under browse selected my avartar INSERT INTO post VALUES (jpeg) and then submit changes...

but still no picture!!!!:mad:

Ultra VR-4
21-05-2003, 03:20 AM
it did work!!! thanks for the advice lol :rolleyes:

Petrolhead
21-05-2003, 03:46 AM
Ok, back to the confessional....

Undertaking: I've spent years of driving, and getting into the situation where you're stuck behind some muppet on the motorway doing 55mph in the fast lane, and will not pull over because there's a truck 10 miles in the distance that he/she wants to pass. So, now instead of getting frustrated and doing the whole flashy lights thing, I pull in and floor it past.

I know it's bad, but sitting behind these idiots really makes your blood boil, and you could end up doing something even more stupid, it's a tricky balance.

Traffic light grand prix ;) :

What an absolute cracker the other day. I was just round the corner from my house, there's a wee dual-carriageway, with a double set of traffic lights, and I was in the left hand lane with the intention of turning left at the second set of lights INSERT INTO post VALUES (100 meters further up).
a "normal" car pulls up on my right, but then I see a damn biker squeezking his way up between us. Sorry if you're a biker but this really Fcuk's me off!

Lights change to green and I'm off. Biker obviously wasn't expecting such a manouvre and is forced to pull his clutch lever in again and rev the tits off his bike before dumping the gear out again. As I get to my turn I notice the biker has kind of slowed down, and trying to find a way across to the left INSERT INTO post VALUES (I guess he was also intending to turn left) :D but since he was now level with me he had no-where to go except straight on. :arse: I just looked over at his dilema and smiled :devil2:

I don't tend to get challenged much in the VR-4, especially from vehicles approaching from behind. Probably because the back of the Galant looks much the same as most other modern saloons these days. Folk do tend to get out the way on the motorway though ;)

D.

P.S. Everything written above is pure fiction, you never saw me do it, you can't prove a thing.

Roadrunner
21-05-2003, 09:00 AM
I'm getting old INSERT INTO post VALUES (sorry, experienced ;) ) and I'm chilled out enough not to let much get me hot and bothered these days ....

EXCEPT!
People who overtake coming towards me and expect me to pull over and get out of their way. No, no, no, no :nono: . Sorry, this is MY side of the road and you can naff off. So I narrow the gap, steer gently towards them and don't lift off. Great to watch the sh1t fly in the other car :D . It does annoy Mrs H but, hey, gotta get your fun somewhere :D and, if it teaches the prat not to do it again, it's been a road safety lesson ;) .

I don't overtake at junctions, double white lines, anytime it's plainly not safe, anytime I reckon my gap will close, etc., don't undertake unless everything else is doing so. In my experience, on the roads I drive on, Mr Plod is much more likely to pull you over for that kind of misdemeanour than for driving a bit fast. After all, that's what Gatsos are for :mad: . I still make the odd mistake, but apologise with a wave or whatever. Doesn't make it right, but best I can do afterwards. Still into three figures INSERT INTO post VALUES (kph m'lud ;) ) most days, though, but still points free after 33 years driving, so I'm either REALLY lucky, or I'm doing something right INSERT INTO post VALUES (and I haven't won the lottery yet, so I ain't that lucky ;) ).

I always let INSERT INTO post VALUES (motor)bikers have their space though. Most are good, most know what they're doing, very few are Sunday drivers, but all of them can go faster than me in a queue of traffic and none of them would look good spread across or under the front of my car ;) . Anything for a quiet life, me .... :)

Brian

chris g
21-05-2003, 09:20 AM
WTF is an avatar

Roadrunner
21-05-2003, 09:54 AM
Embodiment, incarnation, a new personification of a familiar idea, or the manifestation of a Hindu deity INSERT INTO post VALUES (especially Vishnu) in human or superhuman or animal form.

Or it could be the wee picture you can put under your name on this BBS :D

chris g
21-05-2003, 10:40 AM
Oh, so thats what it is!

A wee picture.

Brind
21-05-2003, 06:04 PM
After reading and concentrating on Petrolhead and H.7's detailed posts.
I couldn't stop myself laughing when I read " WTF is an avatar"
Love randomness!:D

BraindG
21-05-2003, 06:39 PM
lol me too :D had to read through both of them again, then finally back to first page before i sussed it :Ponder:

landy
21-05-2003, 11:20 PM
hooray.

look i've got my own picture. thanx for the tips.

all i need to do now is to take a better picture of my vr4:D