PDA

View Full Version : Mines VX-Rom ECU

Hotwire
18-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Hi all,
Recently bought an engine/trans/ecu package as I needed the transmission to replace mine after it took a turn for the worse. I wasn't going to purchase the lot but it worked out better for me as the seller gave me a reasonable deal for taking the lot.

When I picked up the package to my surprise the ECU turned out to be Mines VX Rom. I fitted it to my car to try it out, and while it seems to run fine, I can't really justify keeping it unfortunately as I need the $$ following the replacement of my Auto costing me big $$

I contacted Mines in Japan, and recieved the following information about the ECU:

1. VX-ROM is for EC5A/W Galant Legnum
2. Engine: 6A13, AT, Zenki model (Pre-facelift)
3. Tuned fuel and ignition maps
4. Boost pressure has not been changed
5. Rev Limiter has been increased from 7400 to 7700rpm

It should make a good enhancement to any stock car, and would probably be also good with a front mount intercooler to aid cooling the intake.

I'm located in Australia, but more than happy to send to the UK or NZ
I'm after $560NZ and will post to the NZ at the buyers expense (Which is another $25NZ)

Any more questions please ask
Thanks
Lee

Hotwire
25-06-2008, 11:34 PM
SOLD! :D

CANDEE
26-06-2008, 12:45 AM
I hope the new owner enjoy's it.. Eh Wynn!! /rally

Robotnik123
26-06-2008, 01:15 AM
I hope the new owner enjoy's it.. Eh Wynn!! /rally

Would that be usable on a facelift car? Wynn's facelift isn't it?:thinking:

CANDEE
26-06-2008, 01:33 AM
Would that be usable on a facelift car? Wynn's facelift isn't it?:thinking:
We will see my man, we will see..

It will plug straight in :)

Hotwire
26-06-2008, 01:57 AM
^ Certainly can't see why not when you can use a Facelift ECU in a Pre-Facelift car so they are obviously interchangable.

And yes, Wynn is the new owner ;)

Robotnik123
26-06-2008, 02:33 AM
^ Certainly can't see why not when you can use a Facelift ECU in a Pre-Facelift car so they are obviously interchangable.

And yes, Wynn is the new owner ;)

Yeah, I expect it should plug straight in. Was thinking more in terms of whether or not it is worth substituting it for a facelift ECU. Given that facelift AT cars aleady have more power than the prefacelifters.

CANDEE
26-06-2008, 02:50 AM
Yeah, I expect it should plug straight in. Was thinking more in terms of whether or not it is worth substituting it for a facelift ECU. Given that facelift AT cars aleady have more power than the prefacelifters.
It really depends on the difference that the Mine's map makes Jan.. Im sure that we will find out on the 25th eh Wynn?? :iloveyou:

Robotnik123
26-06-2008, 03:13 AM
It really depends on the difference that the Mine's map makes Jan.. Im sure that we will find out on the 25th eh Wynn?? :iloveyou:

Anyway, bet his fuel consumption will go up a bit. But I guess his car isn't a daily driver, so it probably doesn't matter much.

CANDEE
26-06-2008, 03:17 AM
Anyway, bet his fuel consumption will go up a bit. But I guess his car isn't a daily driver, so it probably doesn't matter much.
I think the maps have been been "trimed" therefore they should be better than the factory...

dickytim
26-06-2008, 06:57 AM

actually the potential is for it to drop, a lot of the work the Mines ECU does is leans out the fuel slightly.