PDA

View Full Version : V6-24 rear seats into VR4

MPBVr4
19-06-2008, 10:14 AM
Just picked up a black moooo-cow interior (from a V6-24 saloon) for the VR4. Before trying to fit, just wondered if anybody else has succesfully installed the rear folding seats in a Galoon. There are no bolts holes for the hinges.
Also got to wire in the electric fronts as well. I think Pezza did that one:inquisiti

Kieran
19-06-2008, 10:21 AM
Agh! Yeah, because your VR-4s a Jap one, the rears are fixed, aren't they. It might be worth pulling up the rear seat bottom and checking the chassis as I bet the reinforcing plates for drilling the bolt holes will be there. Then it's a case of drilling and tapping. From memory I think they're 14mm bolts with a fine thread on them - However, it will be the Japanese Metric bolt system - It's slightly different to our metric in that the Japs tend to use finer threads - I guess the best thing will be to measure the bolts with a thread gauge to see what size/pitch they are.

As for the fronts, yes, Pezza did accomplish that.

MPBVr4
19-06-2008, 11:44 AM
I'll have a look see tonight. There are threaded inserts for the upper seat retainers (where they clip onto in the upright position). I wondered if the floor under the seat was completely different to accomodate the diff etc.:inquisiti
In which case I'll have to devise another cunning plan.

peter thomson
19-06-2008, 11:47 AM
Are they as good as they looked in the pics on ebay. I was very tempted if they had fitted a Legnum

Kieran
19-06-2008, 11:50 AM
I wondered if the floor under the seat was completely different to accomodate the diff etc.:inquisiti

Oh right - I think they're the same. Under the rear seat bench is the fuel tank and it's the fuel tank that's different - There's a hump in the middle of the 4WD version to clear the prop and the diff. But I think the topside is the same.

MPBVr4
19-06-2008, 12:22 PM
Are they as good as they looked in the pics on ebay. I was very tempted if they had fitted a Legnum

They are in very nice condition. He even gave me a bottle of Leather lotion to look after them. :speechles

Paul Beazer
19-06-2008, 05:45 PM
Dont drill too deep into the tank will you Malc?!

MPBVr4
19-06-2008, 06:13 PM
Dont drill too deep into the tank will you Malc?!

Had crossed my mind Paul. Must be very careful, might even drop the tank a bit.
I'll get them fitted one way or another.