PDA

View Full Version : Bumper fitting day ...

White Lightning
22-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Decided today was the day to fit my new front bumper .... so here is the current state of the car at 2.45pm. Hopefully, I will have it back together in time for work tomorrow morning ... :happy:

Nevman
22-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Good luck matey.
Post pics after the job is done.

peter thomson
22-06-2008, 02:50 PM
Have you painted the new grille as well Wayne.

Spirit
22-06-2008, 02:51 PM
Tut, tut, tut......look how dirty it is in the headlight surrounds :happy:

Good luck getting it back together.....you madman !

White Lightning
22-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Have you painted the new grille as well Wayne.

Got it spray painted gloss black by a local bodyshop for £30 :D

Peter - while you are online ... I assume there were no new fixings with the bumper, I could not see any in the box.

White Lightning
22-06-2008, 02:54 PM

I know ... I was actually thinking about cleaning them out before putting the lights back ... think I will see how long it takes me to get the bumper and w/arch liners etc refitted first :smash:

peter thomson
22-06-2008, 02:55 PM
Hmm there should have been. I'll go and check my box of spares in case I put them in there

The Vee
22-06-2008, 03:54 PM

!

Heh heh just what I was thinking!! It used to be so clean behind there!! And young Wayne, doesn't matter if it's not ready..............you're on your bike for work. Remember!/pan

White Lightning
22-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Job done ... with 10 minutes to spare before Top Gear started! Here's a few pictures. The photos show the car sporting a brand spanking new front bumper, a new lower grille painted gloss black, replacement passenger side fog light (the original had some hairline cracks) and a new passenger side wheel arch liner :2thumbsup Unfortunately, I did not get chance to clean it before I took the photos, so please excuse any grubbie finger prints (especially on the radiator grille) that you spot ....

It's so nice to finally have a bumper without the hundreds of stones chips ... :afro: Oh, and Pete/Andy - I did polish the headlight surrounds before refitting the lights :P

peter thomson
22-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Very nice. Good job Wayne. Fixings will be in the post tomorrow

Spirit
Top job mate.....looks lovely :pimp2:

How's the back ? What you gonna do with the old bumper, regarding storage ?

ANTHONY
very nice:happy: that lower grill defo looks better black

White Lightning
22-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Very nice. Good job Wayne. Fixings will be in the post tomorrow

Thanks Peter ... some of the plastic fixings that attach the bumper face to the reinforcement bar were damaged/missing. I have got enough fixings in place for now but will be good to replace the damaged ones once I get the new fixings /yes

At least I only have to remove the grille/headlights to put the new fixings in. Which is surprisingly easy ...

very nice:happy: that lower grill defo looks better black

Indeed. /yes

How's the back ? What you gonna do with the old bumper, regarding storage ?

Not great :(

But it was worth it :D ... I think!

The old bumper is currently out on the patio but I will put it in the box that the new bumper was in tomorrow. I've got a potential buyer for the old bumper so hopefully it won't be in the way too long /pan

Nevman
22-06-2008, 10:11 PM
Oh, you've finished!

Great job mate, looks so clean and tidy.
TOP JOB.

The Vee
22-06-2008, 10:14 PM
Does look nice mate. When Pete said "How's the back" in the post he made, I thought he was referring to the rear bumper/pan Then I realised.........it's an age thing you know

Spirit
22-06-2008, 10:24 PM
it's an age thing you know

Who are you again ? :inquisiti

The Vee
22-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Not seen this thread before, Hmmmmmmm

d i c k i e s
22-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Awesome job bro.

Physician
22-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Great job Wayne ........ gawd, don't they look awful with the bumper removed !

The Vee
22-06-2008, 10:56 PM
........ gawd, don't they look awful with the bumper removed !

Something I've often thought since the introduction of these huge one piece panels (on all cars) Amazing what they hide

Robotnik123
23-06-2008, 12:16 AM
I say, where did you source your wheel arch liner? Did you order it from the dealer?

White Lightning
23-06-2008, 08:59 AM
I say, where did you source your wheel arch liner? Did you order it from the dealer?

From Camskill, see this thread:
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=24202&highlight=camskill+wheel+arch

You can get them from the main dealer in the UK but they are nearly double the price from there.