PDA

View Full Version : PM Quantity Increase

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Is it possible to Increase the amount of the PM's we are allowed to have at any one time ?

And decrease the amount of Pager messages we are allowed to have at any one time..?

Pager messages seem to mostly be made up of Jibber Jabber between myself and othe members, but not alot of any importance.. But there seems to be no limit to the amount we can hold in memory.. I think i have in the region of 3000+ pagers at the mo !

On the other hand PM's seem to be used mostly for important info that is needed to be kept for referral.. But has a limit of 150..

Cheers

WODJ :D

Physician
23-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Committee will have a chat about this Glen - and will get back to you shortly :)

Spirit
23-06-2008, 09:53 PM
I guess we will need to look into the effect on disk space.

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Committee will have a chat about this Glen - and will get back to you shortly :)

Thank you :iloveyou:

Can you make it very shortly :speechles

:iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 09:54 PM
I guess we will need to look into the effect on disk space.

Do PM's take up alot more space than pager messages Pete ?

Spirit
23-06-2008, 10:23 PM
No sure mate.....one for the techies to look into at the back end.

Did you know you can download all your PM's Glenn, to keep a hard copy on your PC, and then clear out your inbox ?

At the bottom of the PM page are options to download them as XML, CSV or Text files

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 10:41 PM
No sure mate.....one for the techies to look into at the back end.

Did you know you can download all your PM's Glenn, to keep a hard copy on your PC, and then clear out your inbox ?

At the bottom of the PM page are options to download them as XML, CSV or Text files

But they don't download in and easy to read fromat.. Well not for me anyway :(

Surely if we can hold 3000 :speechles pagers with no issues.. Then increasing the PM's to say 500 shunt be a prob.. And like i said.. the pagers are just full of waffle so shouldn't need to be able to hold that many.. Surely if the pagers are decreased then that allows for the increase of PM's

Cheers

WODJ..

PS.. It's just at the moment i getting completely inundated with PM's and it's making my Brain hurt trying to juggle and delete the wanted from the unwanted :(

White Lightning
23-06-2008, 10:42 PM
Hmm, but one problem is that PMs can include attachments and therefore the disk usage impact is much greater than pager messages which are just text.

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Hmm, but one problem is that PMs can include attachments and therefore the disk usage impact is much greater than pager messages which are just text.

I don't hardly ever use PM's with attachments.. I'd E-mail or host the attachments or pics..

Please can't someone just give me an extra 100 PM's for a month or so :speechles

Please Please Please... I promise i won't use attachments :iloveyou:

White Lightning
23-06-2008, 10:47 PM
I will have a look at it Glenn and see what we can do ... in the mean time can you please look through your PMs and see if some can be deleted?

BTW - I have just tried all the download options and they all worked for me. I would say the plain text format is best for you.

Wodjno
23-06-2008, 10:48 PM
I will have a look at it Glenn and see what we can do ... in the mean time can you please look through your PMs and see if some can be deleted?

BTW - I have just tried all the download options and they all worked for me. I would say the plain text format is best for you.

I have been through all PM's /yes And all PM's i now have are all relevant and important /yes

bradc
23-06-2008, 10:49 PM
a few forums I go to that are completely free have more room. EVOm has 350 or 500 or something huge

Wodjno
24-06-2008, 03:23 PM
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggg gggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!/Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr /Grrr

I took the mods advice and downloaded some PM's to my PC to free up some space as my PM box is filling at Raaaaaappiiiiiiiiiiddd !! Rate !!

But that was at work ...:inquisiti

And now i'm at home where i need info out of the PM's i downloaded to my work PC.. :thinking:

I know i shoulda then e-mailed them to my home E-mail address, but i didn't .. /pan

I knew i would get in more hasle like this /yes and i was right :(

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou: :iloveyou:

Can i have a larger PM allowance :pimp2:

Spirit
24-06-2008, 08:47 PM
Glenn, all I can advise you so far is that the committee has a thread open and are discussing this.

We are waiting for some backend information to establish how much disk space is used for PM's and what effect an increase would have......because, it is impossible to increase PM's for just one person, it has to be a whole usergroup (i.e. all members).

We will respond asap.

bradc
24-06-2008, 09:10 PM
rubbish, make a group called important members :)

You can put important people like myself and wodj and amsoil in there, and leave all the other plebs stuck on 150 :D

Wodjno
24-06-2008, 09:13 PM
Glenn, all I can advise you so far is that the committee has a thread open and are discussing this.

We are waiting for some backend information to establish how much disk space is used for PM's and what effect an increase would have......because, it is impossible to increase PM's for just one person, it has to be a whole usergroup (i.e. all members).

We will respond asap.

Can't make a Wodjy User Group :scholar:

Or make a Pain in the Aerosol User Group :pimp2:

And put me in them.. Then increase it that way :iloveyou:

The Vee
24-06-2008, 09:32 PM
rubbish, make a group called important members :)

You can put important people like myself and wodj and amsoil in there, and leave all the other plebs stuck on 150 :D

Brad, havn't you got a clutch or something you can go and play with!!/pan

White Lightning
24-06-2008, 10:26 PM
OK ... we have had a look at the disk usage and agreed that increasing the limit to 151 for members is OK. So, I have gone ahead and made the change with immediate effect.

Wodjno
24-06-2008, 10:30 PM
OK ... we have had a look at the disk usage and agreed that increasing the limit to 151 for members is OK. So, I have gone ahead and made the change with immediate effect.

Now wheres that Feckin BEEEEECH SLAP Smiley :iloveyou:

Spirit
24-06-2008, 10:31 PM
/haz

It's actually now 250 ! I slightly altered Wayne's post :happy:

White Lightning
24-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Gotcha :D

Atik
24-06-2008, 11:39 PM
/haz

It's actually now 250 ! I slightly altered Wayne's post :happy:

Haha, the freedom of administrator priveleges.

:happy: