PDA

View Full Version : FS: Legnum 1996 - White

RHYSROBERTS
24-06-2008, 10:19 AM
I have a 1996 (P) Pearlescent White Legnum 4 sale.
It is virtually standard, with no changes other than a replacement stainless exhaust made for it at Blue Flame.
The car has done approximately 100,000 miles, but the engine seems to be in good condition, with virtually no need for fluid top ups between changes.
It has standard roof rails, black leather interior, standard wheels, and is generally in good condition.
The car is used as an every day vehicle, not pampered (unfortunately), however, it gets what it needs, when it needs it.
I have owned it for 5 years, and Camskill in Whitehaven have done everything to it that i couldn't do myself.
I think the MOT is up in December, and i will be putting 6 months tax on it at the end of this month. All tyres are Toyoswith plenty of tread left. Front discs have been changed, so are ok for now. I have recently changed a rear wheel bearing myself.
Looking at prices on here, i think that £3500 is a fair cost for the car. I think it's standard condition is a plus, and certainly since i have had it, it has not been tracked, or abused.
Initial contact can be through this post, but i would rather discuss any offers via email or phone.
I have one picture attached, but will be getting more soon.
Thanks
Rhys

RHYSROBERTS
10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Hi.....
Could anyone make any suggestions? Am i asking too much, is it the credit crunch, or is it just that no one is buying right now?
Bear in mind that the car is old enough to miss the new road tax increases..........every cloud eh?
Failing any interest, does anyone have any recommendations on where to sell it?

WildCards
10-07-2008, 09:03 AM
manual or auto? and what interior does it have?

£3500 seems a fair price, it's about going rate these days unfortunately and for a quick sale you ought to be prepared to haggle on that. Try www.pistonheads.com for free classifieds listings.

RHYSROBERTS
10-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Thanks for that Wildcards.
The interior is black leather, in good condition, with the wood bits and pieces around the vent, gearshift and steering wheel etc.
The box is auto.....and haggling is expected...!!

Rambaud
10-07-2008, 10:30 AM
These are "challenging" times, unfortunately.

IIRC, a dealer wanted ~ £4000 for a 1997 COTY (black leather etc), 50,000 miles. Highest bid was £2500.

RHYSROBERTS
11-07-2008, 10:52 AM
I know this sounds cliche.....but i am not in a hurry to sell. It just loves the roads around the lakes. At that sort of price, i might as well keep it, but i will try a few places like pistonheads, or autotrader. You never know..!!

elnevio
11-07-2008, 12:09 PM
Try and make a point of the helpful tax banding! I.e. won't suffer from the £455 a year tax in 2010!