PDA

View Full Version : Falling apart?

Johny
25-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Does anyone elses cars seem to be falling apart on there own?
i havent had mine a year yet and already the bolts that hold stuff on and bits of interior and stuff are coming loose

does anyone else have similar issues?
my dad reckons its a common mitsi thing as his lancer used to do the same...

Wodjno
25-06-2008, 12:32 PM
Does anyone elses cars seem to be falling apart on there own?
i havent had mine a year yet and already the bolts that hold stuff on and bits of interior and stuff are coming loose

my dad reckons its a common mitsi thing as his lancer used to do the same...

Had my car 4 1/2 years and nothing ever just fell off :thinking:

I pulled many bits off it /yes

But never had Nowt just fall off :speechles
Are you sure the previous owners hadn't pulled bit's off, broken clips and never bothered to reatach them again properly ??

White Lightning
25-06-2008, 12:34 PM

Nope ... no issues like that here.

Johny
25-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Had my car 4 1/2 years and nothing ever just fell off :thinking:

I pulled many bits off it /yes

But never had Nowt just fall off :speechles
Are you sure the previous owners hadn't pulled bit's off, broken clips and never bothered to reatach them again properly ??

lol guess its possible
im the first nz owner so who knows what those trusty japo owners have been doing with it lol

my most obvious thing ive noticed is that the bolts that hold that random trim stuff on inside the mudguards had started coming loose :S lol

White Lightning
25-06-2008, 12:47 PM
Ah, well the wheel arch liners (or mudguards as you call them) are a common weakness on these. I am on my 3rd passenger side liner and 2nd drivers side liner already ... I have never had any problems with interior trim though.

Johny
25-06-2008, 12:53 PM
i never even noticed until i got a puncture and had to take my wheel off lol

Atik
25-06-2008, 03:46 PM
My tailgate trim started peeling off yesterday! :speechles

The rear windshield surround bit inside was hanging on by a few clips when I attempted to load a few things in the boot! Pushed back into place and knocked into the retaining clip holes.

No wonder there was a lot of rattling from the back when I had my stereo up :inquisiti

bradc
25-06-2008, 10:50 PM
the wheel arch trim plastic is fairly bad, but the rest of the car should stay together!

Interior rattles in the dash, doors and boot do seem to be common though.

Johny
26-06-2008, 12:08 AM
yeah that felt lining stuff keeps coming away from the rubber lol
is there anywhere you can get those black plastic clips they use to hold everything in? theres quite a few missing
i had the same issue with my mirage lol

pitslayer
26-06-2008, 12:46 AM
ive had my center console pop out when i booted it once.....admitdly though i had been behind there a few minutes earlier sorting out my touch screen and didnt push it back up properly lol, other than that no

The Vee
26-06-2008, 04:32 PM
TBF the build quality on these cars while perhaps not the best, is far from bad. I think we have to remember that a lot of these cars are now 10 years old and have covered decent mileages. And ofcourse like Wodj says, there is no telling what previous owners may or may not have done to them.

Subaru ETA
28-06-2008, 11:47 AM
when a car comes into NZ alot of trims are pulled off so seams can be inspected for rust. soetimes the clips get broken then

Johny
11-08-2008, 09:25 AM
so much for falling apart... i get home from work today and notice that the bit that was loose is completely bent up too the top :|
wonder what i hit lol

has anyone had this happen?