PDA

View Full Version : What's the Best High Performance Engine Oil for your VR4?

silvergalant99
06-03-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi,

My car is due for an oil change and I would like to ask all of CLUBVR4 what's the best Lubricant I should use for my galant? I was thinking of Castrol Magnatec or Mobil1..

What do you guys suggest??

:help:

Roadrunner
06-03-2004, 08:55 AM
Pick a known-brand fully-synthetic oil. If there were ONE that had been proved to be the best, then we'd all be using it ;)

Brian

wirdy
06-03-2004, 09:42 PM
Have run mine on Castrol RS (0W40) for the last 18 months with no probs.
The VR4 in particular works the oil hard as it's got to cool and lubricate two turbos as well as the engine. I have noticed this oil begins to darken after about 3500 miles, so the change intervals recommended (4500 miles) have probably been well researched by Mitsubishi.
However I am now down to my last can of Castrol RS ( I got 4 cans for £16 each at a local factors who had them sitting there for ages and the shape of the can had changed so he wanted rid of the old stock), it's always worth bargaining a good deal by buying a few cans at once.

I've just bought 6 cans from shhhhhh..... (Halfords).......Fully synthetic 5W40 that was on special offer at £14.99 for 5 litres. don't hink Halfords have spread to your neck of the woods though1.

You can't even get Mitsubishi semi-synthetic for £14.99.
You pays your money and takes your choice.