PDA

View Full Version : ** White Evo X Stolen, Ireland **

Roberto
26-06-2008, 03:38 AM
As title suggests.

An Evo just off a Jap boat, owner had it for 36 hours.

http://www.octane.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=17611

http://www.octane.ie/news/article.php?id=272

The final four digits of the chassis number are 6027.

Any help excepted as always.

Nothing to do with me just trying to be helpfull to those in pain.

Oggie
26-06-2008, 03:35 PM
Sorry to hear the loss of a fine car...

just thinking about loosing such a car makes me weep...

Hope it gets returned asap and in same condition.

CJay
26-06-2008, 09:25 PM
This has been all over the Irish motoring forums - its good to know that the online car enthusiast community have clubbed together in the search. Fingered crossed they get it back - its not as if the EVO X is a common sight on Irish roads!

CJ

Nevman
27-06-2008, 01:00 AM
Bloody hell!
What are they going to do with it?
Drive it?
Export it? Where? To Europe? RHD car? Not really.

But looks a bit too professional to be done just-for-fun!

d i c k i e s
27-06-2008, 01:33 AM
that is sad!

Robotnik123
27-06-2008, 04:12 AM
Export it to New Zealand perhaps? Read an article recently about a Mercedes stolen in England and then bought in good faith by a couple from a seemingly legitimate dealer, only to find when checking its history that it was reported stolen back in England some months prior.

Bloody hell!
What are they going to do with it?
Drive it?
Export it? Where? To Europe? RHD car? Not really.

But looks a bit too professional to be done just-for-fun!

psbarham
27-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Export it to New Zealand perhaps? Read an article recently about a Mercedes stolen in England and then bought in good faith by a couple from a seemingly legitimate dealer, only to find when checking its history that it was reported stolen back in England some months prior.

it happens a lot with rare top end beemers as well ;)

swinks
27-06-2008, 07:18 AM
t's sad, but propably Evo was exported already. Where? My guess - Russia, Yemen, Saudi, etc..., South America.
There it doesn't matter Evo was RHD. VIN and all marks done as well.
I know similar story from Poland where Kuwait's sheiks lost their Mercedes SLR worth 700k quid. Never found, just guess that somebody in Russia is enjoiyin one.

Roberto
30-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Recovered!!!!:2thumbsup

Unsure of the details or condition as yet.
Owners are /bounce

vikvallabh82
30-06-2008, 05:28 PM
Recovered!!!!:2thumbsup

Unsure of the details or condition as yet.
Owners are /bounce

I've been watching this thread give us details as soon as.
Ken must be a very very lucky guy!!!

kiteman
30-06-2008, 05:36 PM
Great news, hope its not been thrashed

Kieran
30-06-2008, 07:34 PM
Yay! Let us know the outcome! Hope the scrotes who nicked it got a good /bat about the goolies!

d i c k i e s
30-06-2008, 11:35 PM
Folks - car was found in an underground car park in Dublin - still dont know all the details as of yet but it seems cops found her and had her taken away. Got her back today - got her registered at the final hour and got her sorted, taxed, alarmed and tracked and out of town. She drew a bit too much attention when we had registered her and the feelings werent great - alot of paranoia too at that stage but........... we have her safe and sound and tucked away. She has a bit of a scratch to bumper around where the false plates were fitted and is manky dirty inside and out but other than that she flew... We are going to enjoy her now and will defo bring her to a meet soon.

Thanks for all the help and info - amazing how people have helped us. All in all people have amazed us and if nothing else restored our faith in mankind!

Talk soon.

Awesome Result!!