PDA

View Full Version : Not exactly for sale yet.. advice required please

Atik
29-06-2008, 07:39 PM
Hi all,

You may have seen my 'For Sale' ad in the other category, but I'm posting here to get some advice.

My Galant GLS is going soon. I don't think it will sell as a complete car as it will require more work than its worth. New VR-4 will be arriving 6th or 7th July, my current insurance expires end of July, tax expires end of July, MOT expires end of July sometime. Basically I have to be shot of the car before end of July.

I will be taking a number of parts off the car myself before I arrange for the car to be crushed. Listed below are what I will be taking off and keeping for sale at a later time:

Doors (all 4)
Rear tailgate (including rear lights in tailgate)
Glass (all except front windshield)
Wiper blades (only 4 months old!)
All lights (front and rear)
Side indicator lights (maybe - depending on access)
Interior lights and switches
Wing mirrors (will come off with doors)
Door cards (again with the doors)
Front seats (driver seat to replace the VR-4 driver seat)
Rear seats (split fold complete with headrests)
Glove box
Centre console
Switches (fogs, hazards, elec mirror controls)
Boot carpets and floor panels
Fuel flap - if I can get it off (not filler cap)

I think thats all really.

Is there anthing else that I should be keeping? There are plenty of other salvageable parts - I'm sure of that, but I have no idea what sort of items to take for safe-keeping. Items that may be of some value for another Galant owner maybe... not now, but in the future. I have storage space for the parts (clean, dry, unused cellar), but cant keep the car.

I was thinking of stuff like bumpers (scratched, flakey paint but not broken or dented), bonnet (stone-chips galore, 3 small dents), roof rails (very faded black), engine parts, centre arm-rest, roof lining even!

If anyone wants anything themselves (required now or for future safe-keeping), feel free to give me a shout. Parts can be taken as you need. Take it off yourselves and you can have 'em for free to be honest. All I think I need is for the car to roll (pulled onto a truck) so it can be taken away hopefully for around the 20th July-ish.

Feedback appreciated.