PDA

View Full Version : Port Matching

sightless
30-06-2008, 09:39 AM
I hope you guys arn't getting peeved at my Q's and my ideas I get in moments of bordom.
Port matching, specificly on the inlet manifold, I have searched here, ozvr4, mmcnz, and various others on some information - pictures - anything about the port lineups for the 6a13.
Without taking my own apart (i don't want to do this till I have the garage time and the company vehicle, two weeks and counting!) what is the matching like? is there any room for improvment?
I know you Brad have taken an engine apart or two, how do these look?
I'ld assume that each engine is a little different - but generally are they good?

I'm not really to keen on doing major mods - more along the line of efficiency with stock turbos. so air/fuel, exhaust, and smooth running.

On a previous car this was one thing I was going to attempt till someone drove into me and I lost the enthusiasim, but with the price of legnums at the moment, one could get a head and intake to play with at a nice price.

Any ideas or examples? please keep on topic, I know there are other things that can be done with most likly better improvments.

bradc
30-06-2008, 10:50 AM
The intake manifold goes into another metal piece that feeds into the cylinder head. That piece could be optimised a bit, and in turn the intake manifold would need to be modified to suit. And yes, I've got them spare :)

Nick Mann
30-06-2008, 01:37 PM
My car has been ported and polished, but by the previous owner. Having looked down the manifold into the head, you can see that it has been done. How much difference it has made, I can't say though. I do know that the previous owner said that the only mod he would do the same on another legnum would be the ARC intercooler.

Throbbe
30-06-2008, 01:58 PM
I've always assumed that they are pretty good for the simple reason that no-one seems to have done it. Same with head work.

My only previous forced induction knowledge was supercharged VW's, and they really benefit from a port and polish.