PDA

View Full Version : SAFC settings

pitmac
03-07-2008, 11:07 AM
Hi, Can anyone using an Apexi SAFC-2 with STD injectors post their settings.
Which will be a good starting point for me and I"ll finish off with the wide band.

bradc
03-07-2008, 11:14 AM
just use the wideband from the get go. Each car is different and it is too difficult to say what you really need

peter thomson
03-07-2008, 11:31 AM
As Brad said you have to check your AFR's first and have something to keep an eye on knock as well when you make any changes. Benh gave some advice in my post about knocklink sensor position here
http://www.clubvr4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32412&highlight=knock

kc427
03-07-2008, 01:04 PM
Just wondering, any tuning guideline I can follow to set the SAFC? Eg, when I should reduce fuel, when I should change the ignition timing, etc? Let say, I have the Evoscan to use for logging.

peter thomson
03-07-2008, 01:14 PM
It all depends on what other mods you have. You can't adjust timing with an safc. I'm just adjusting the fuel a small amount at a time. Adjusting it after logging a run and keeping an eye on knock levels. Benh advised to set the hi-throttle to 70% and the low as high as it will go without making any changes at the lo value just the high.

Wodjno
03-07-2008, 02:21 PM
Just wondering, any tuning guideline I can follow to set the SAFC? Eg, when I should reduce fuel, when I should change the ignition timing, etc? Let say, I have the Evoscan to use for logging.

Thanks :happy:As stated.. SAFC cannot change ignition timing.. Also Evoscan cannot log Wideband AFR's which you need to adjust the fuel at WOT.. Get a Wideband installed, and get some log samples of your car running at WOT /yes
Only then can you decide what amount of fuel to trim :happy:

kc427
03-07-2008, 03:22 PM
It all depends on what other mods you have. You can't adjust timing with an safc. I'm just adjusting the fuel a small amount at a time. Adjusting it after logging a run and keeping an eye on knock levels. Benh advised to set the hi-throttle to 70% and the low as high as it will go without making any changes at the lo value just the high.

As stated.. SAFC cannot change ignition timing.. Also Evoscan cannot log Wideband AFR's which you need to adjust the fuel at WOT.. Get a Wideband installed, and get some log samples of your car running at WOT /yes
Only then can you decide what amount of fuel to trim :happy:

Oh, I mentioned it wrongly, in fact, I have the SAFC-II, which I can adjust the ignition timing, or not:thinking:.

BTW, if I install the Wideband O2 Sensor, what other hardware I need to use in order to log using the Evoscan? I would like to start in the cheapest way first, and do it step-by-step. :happy:

Kieran
03-07-2008, 03:23 PM
Also Evoscan cannot log Wideband AFR's

It can - though support is currently limited to the following sensors. Not sure how you hook the sensor in though?

Innovate LM-1
Innovate LC-1
AEM Uego
Zeitronix Zt-2

peter thomson
03-07-2008, 03:27 PM
Oh, I mentioned it wrongly, in fact, I have the SAFC-II, which I can adjust the ignition timing, or not:thinking:.

BTW, if I install the Wideband O2 Sensor, what other hardware I need to use in order to log using the Evoscan? I would like to start in the cheapest way first, and do it step-by-step. :happy:

Neither will adjust the timing.

I have the LM1 but I have not been able to log to evoscan. I just have to start them both logging at the same time. probably with a bit more experience with evoscan I'll have it working properly.

Wodjno
03-07-2008, 03:32 PM
It can - though support is currently limited to the following sensors. Not sure how you hook the sensor in though?

Innovate LM-1
Innovate LC-1
AEM Uego
Zeitronix Zt-2

Without a WIDEBAND SENSOR INSTALLED, EVOSCAN cannot log wideband afr's :inquisiti

Muppet /pan

Kieran
03-07-2008, 03:38 PM
Without a WIDEBAND SENSOR INSTALLED, EVOSCAN cannot log wideband afr's:inquisiti

Also Evoscan cannot log Wideband AFR's which you need to adjust the fuel at WOT..

Fraggle! /pan

kc427
03-07-2008, 03:42 PM
Neither will adjust the timing.

I have the LM1 but I have not been able to log to evoscan. I just have to start them both logging at the same time. probably with a bit more experience with evoscan I'll have it working properly.

Oh, maybe I misunderstanding that, coz I thought the Knocking signal correction feature would change the ignition time.

Need to dig more info about the LC1/LM1, and prepare for the next mod.:sweethear

Wodjno
03-07-2008, 04:03 PM
:inquisiti

Fraggle! /pan
What Wodjie also said :inquisiti

Get a Wideband installed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynjIoymWHvU

Eurospec
04-07-2008, 08:59 AM
Okay, as has been said, you cant change timing with an safc2, you will also find that the knock monitoring facility is next to useless since it will just measure raw voltage. All you want to know is the knock sum, and that you will get from evo scan.

To set up the safc2 you will need a wideband and it is very likely that you will be using it to remove fuel only in the high throttle range. You really need to log afr vs rpm, ideally on a rolling road, and then you can set up the safc2 to give you a better afr.

No point using it in low throttle since the car will be in closed loop and the trims in the ecu will just correct the ar back to 14.7.

Cheers,

Ben.

peter thomson
04-07-2008, 09:15 AM
Hi Ben you can set the lo throttle to 1% below the hi value on the SAFC2. Is that ok or use the value you already mentioned ,49%. thanks