PDA

View Full Version : japfest, castle coombe.

SGHOM
09-03-2004, 12:40 AM
As this meet is a near 400 mile round trip for me, & I'm sure a lot more for others. has anyone considered stopping overnight ??
My camera man suggested going down early Saturday, enjoying the day etc... & then finding somewhere to stop sat night, so we can have a small sherry or two, & revue the video's, socialize, & generally talk b***ox 'till the early hours ?? & then a steady drive back home Sunday ???
just a thought ??

Spirit
09-03-2004, 12:43 AM
We were discussing it yesterday and thought about going up the Friday night and trying to get a B+B in the Castle Combe village (a quaint place a few miles from the track itself) - but open to suggestions. Will do some investigating.

SGHOM
09-03-2004, 12:47 AM
going the day before was considered also. but the temptation to have a few drinks, & then go on a race track sounds a bit too risky.
& dont say " oh !! we wont have too many " where have I heard that before ?? :$

Spirit
09-03-2004, 12:49 AM
Good point mate, but it's okay to drive 200 miles the next day instead ? :p :-D :-D :-D

SGHOM
09-03-2004, 12:55 AM
also good point !! but Saturday on the track will probably be an early start, my thoughts were to stop overnight, & drive back later on Sunday, after a lie in, & a hearty breakfast, & a few black coffees !!!
whichever way, sobrierty on the road is paramount. It was just a suggestion !!

Spirit
09-03-2004, 03:27 AM
:lolz: Seems the more sensible option mate

wirdy
22-03-2004, 11:48 PM
I'm in the same 'distance' position as most of us Northern members.

A track day is bleedin' tiring and I don't relish the drive back on Saturday night.

Keep me in mind for any B & B info that comes your way Derek. ( one adult (maybe two) plus one child.). Not wanting anything too elaborate or pricey. :D

Nick Mann
23-03-2004, 10:29 AM
Agreed. I would like to stay, but funds are very low. Needs to be cheap as for me to stop. Whats the travel lodge near the safeways in chippenham? My guess is that B&B's will be in high demand on sat night!

SGHOM
23-04-2004, 10:59 PM
anyone sorted out a B&B yet ?? are we making a weekend of it ?? or just sat night ?? or just fri night ?? or both ?? or not at all ?? :thinking: so many questions !!

Spirit
24-04-2004, 12:27 AM
Did check the Travel Lodge in Chippenham last week and was fully booked :(

Simon
24-04-2004, 07:32 AM
After thrashing around Combe today i will go on the hunt for places to stay and will post details and telephone numbers...............

Spirit
24-04-2004, 09:36 AM
Good luck on the track Simon, and Bonsai Boy