PDA

View Full Version : Electric window won't go down... or up!

HMG1K
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
Folks, using my rear electric windows during the week for the fourth time in months of ownership all worked well, then the rear driver's side went up and refuses to go down now!

Using the window switch on the driver's door and the door with the dodgy window, nothing happens but I do hear the usual 'click' 'click' coming from the window in question - so it's getting power... I've also tried pressing the down buttons and helping to push the window down lightly, but it won't budge.

Any ideas, please...?

Thanks

Kieran
05-07-2008, 10:57 AM
If you open the door and place a hand each side of the glass, can you move/rock it at all? My train of thought is that if there's power there, either the glass is jammed somehow or maybe the motor's burned out. Could also be the cable has snapped (the window frame uses a cable pulley system as I recall).

HMG1K
05-07-2008, 02:59 PM
If you open the door and place a hand each side of the glass, can you move/rock it at all? My train of thought is that if there's power there, either the glass is jammed somehow or maybe the motor's burned out. Could also be the cable has snapped (the window frame uses a cable pulley system as I recall).

Thanks, Kieran...

Tried that, with the hand either side - but it's as tough as doing it with the button not being pressed and the keys out of the ignition! Will not budge!

Just tried unplugging the wiring to the electric window modules on both the driver's door (with the main switches) and the offending door... Plugged them back in after 10 minutes, and still the same... I can hear a 'click' coming from the window motor as usual when I press the window button down or up - just no window movement!

I'm thinking, like you, Kieran, the motor's blown. :inquisiti

ANTHONY
05-07-2008, 06:25 PM
have you tried silicone spray down the channels maybe just dry

Paul Beazer
05-07-2008, 09:38 PM
Sounds like the glass has jammed. If you can hear a click from the motor its trying to open / shut the glass, but it has some sort of load sensor which stops the window moving if it thinks its fully open or shut.

abdielhiram
14-08-2008, 02:40 AM
How do you release the Glass? Mine Drivers window wont go up or down, but i do hear the click click whe pressing the button.
Advice please

ritch_w
14-08-2008, 08:11 AM
motors probably buggered - happened t me a couple of months ago.

you should get a new one under warranty

miller
27-09-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks, Kieran...

Tried that, with the hand either side - but it's as tough as doing it with the button not being pressed and the keys out of the ignition! Will not budge!

Just tried unplugging the wiring to the electric window modules on both the driver's door (with the main switches) and the offending door... Plugged them back in after 10 minutes, and still the same... I can hear a 'click' coming from the window motor as usual when I press the window button down or up - just no window movement!

I'm thinking, like you, Kieran, the motor's blown. :inquisiti

what was the outcome of this?

My drivers window is playing silly beggars altogether, goes down randomly of its own accord and somethimes will not go back up!

Mike

HMG1K
27-09-2008, 05:52 PM
To be honest I haven't had a chance to sort it - until yesterday. I've got it booked in at SMC Mitsubishi at Heathrow on Monday to get it done under warranty.

At ritch_w suggests it could well be the motor - I hear the clicks coming from the unit when I tap down or up but nothing on that particular window happens.

I too share your windows going up and down like mad on auto close!!

HMG1K
30-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Update on my hassle - for others intersted.

SMC Mitsubishi at Heathrow have diagnosed a faulty motor on the rear passenger door.

Thankfully it's covered by the warranty so they're going ahead with the work. Turns out the part will take 10 working days to come over, so I'll be picking the car up on Thursday and heading back there for the work to be done mid-October.

miller
30-09-2008, 07:35 PM
My drivers window now works all of a sudden! FFS i hate gremlins that play hide and seek!!

Interesting to know Mitsi prices when you get the work done! Keep us posted!

Mike

HMG1K
30-09-2008, 07:59 PM
No probs, will find out tomorrow - going to get my car then instead of Thursday now.

HMG1K
01-10-2008, 05:44 PM
My drivers window now works all of a sudden! FFS i hate gremlins that play hide and seek!!

Interesting to know Mitsi prices when you get the work done! Keep us posted!

Mike

Update: £187 +VAT on the rear window motor.

Still no working window though as waiting for the part to come in and then I take it back to the dealer.

Wodjno
01-10-2008, 05:50 PM
Glad you got it sorted on Waranteeeeeeeeeee /yes

But for those that don't have a Waranteeeeeeeee, but still have need for a motor or any other bitz ..

Give me a shout as i have Hundreds of Used 1's :inquisiti Well not Hundreds :thinking: But plenty to go round :pimp2:

Cheers

WODJ :D

HMG1K
01-10-2008, 06:28 PM
:pimp2: What other sort of stuff have you got? :inquisiti

That strut brace is looking peachy now it's fitted!!!

Wodjno
01-10-2008, 08:25 PM
:pimp2: What other sort of stuff have you got? :inquisiti

That strut brace is looking peachy now it's fitted!!!

WODJ YA WANT :D

PM.. So as not to Hi-Jack Thread /Hijack

Or post here: