PDA

View Full Version : Foliatec Interior sheets

Kieran
09-03-2004, 02:08 PM
Posted in here as it I think it may be relevant to those people who want rid of the 'I can't believe it's not wood' covering on their centre console...

I was looking at the above product in the local Halfraud's store... I think the black carbon fibre sheeting would tart up my black plastic centre console quite nicely.

Thoughts/opinions/experiences, anyone??

SGHOM
09-03-2004, 02:11 PM
I think the black carbon fibre sheeting would tart up my black plastic centre console quite nicely.

might try it on my bonnet ?? :$ :$ :lipsrseal

Nick Mann
09-03-2004, 05:54 PM
I tried it on the V6. Struggled to get it to mould to the shape of the dash. I guess there must be a technique to stretch it in the right places. I was heating it with a hairdryer as instructed, but eventually gave up. One hour and £20 later, nothing to show for it! It must work, but I couldn't bring myself to buy another sheet to try again. I used the aluminium effect, so may be different to use?

LOL at 'I can't believe its not wood'!

enigma
09-03-2004, 05:57 PM
I like my wood! ;)

Kieran
09-03-2004, 05:59 PM
...I used the aluminium effect, so may be different to use?

I think the choice of sheeting may have been the problem... I've got a roll of the carbon-fibre sheeting, and on the rear of the pack is the following warning: "Only apply the aluminium design variant to flat surfaces". :shifty: :thinking:

Nick Mann
09-03-2004, 08:09 PM
Bu@@er!!!

Never read that bit!

:dunce:

i3ooyah
10-03-2004, 01:16 AM
I think the choice of sheeting may have been the problem... I've got a roll of the carbon-fibre sheeting, and on the rear of the pack is the following warning: "Only apply the aluminium design variant to flat surfaces". :shifty: :thinking:

oh wat good use can u put it to then?