PDA

View Full Version : Got some new toys today from Mac at 41

bradc
10-07-2008, 08:04 AM
First of all, I highly recommend Mac, he is a great guy to deal with, the items came packaged very well with a ton of bubble wrap in a huge box, and they turned up quicker than expected. I beleive other members have had the same sort of experience with him :)

Secondly here is the pic of what I've got. Now I know how to install one part, but the other two might be difficult, anyone keen on helping? Your pay will be a night of GTR2 and beer :D

CANDEE
10-07-2008, 08:10 AM
First of all, I highly recommend Mac, he is a great guy to deal with, the items came packaged very well with a ton of bubble wrap in a huge box, and they turned up quicker than expected. I beleive other members have had the same sort of experience with him :)

Secondly here is the pic of what I've got. Now I know how to install one part, but the other two might be difficult, anyone keen on helping? Your pay will be a night of GTR2 and beer :D

Very nice! Can I "test" them for you?? :P

bradc
10-07-2008, 08:11 AM
Yep, come up here and install them in my car, then we can test them on the street with me driving. :D

CANDEE
10-07-2008, 08:17 AM
Yep, come up here and install them in my car, then we can test them on the street with me driving. :D
Hahahaha :P I have more chance with Wynn's ones then.. :P

hi flyer
10-07-2008, 08:39 AM
Can't be too hard to figure out. Your a clever guy! =)

Caveman
10-07-2008, 02:38 PM
Hi Brad,

Just installed a set of those Cusco ARbs to mine. It's quite a ball-acher as you have to lower the gearbox to get the front one on.

Impressions?

Totally flat cornering and slightly more directt steering response, although with firm coilovers already, the difference is less obvious.

Negatives - the ride is less forgiving on bumpy ground, but I was expecting that.

If you want it to handle like a race car, you have to have the compromises too!

Enjoy :-)

Mart.

Kieran
10-07-2008, 03:21 PM
Hi Brad,

Just installed a set of those Cusco ARbs to mine. It's quite a ball-acher as you have to lower the gearbox to get the front one on.

Nah, you don't need to do that. Jack the car up reasonably high, unmount the roll bar and with a bit of patience and a lot of wiggling, you can get it to clear the transfer box and extract it from the driver's side of the car. Took me about an hour or so as it is fiddly, but it is possible. :scholar:

mpau009
10-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Nah, you don't need to do that. Jack the car up reasonably high, unmount the roll bar and with a bit of patience and a lot of wiggling, you can get it to clear the transfer box and extract it from the driver's side of the car. Took me about an hour or so as it is fiddly, but it is possible. :scholar:

I found it fairly easy just to drop the front section of propshaft out, that way i could get the new one in without trashing all the nice shiney paint. Plus its a good excuse to change the transfer case oil:P

dickytim
10-07-2008, 07:43 PM
I have a couple of bottles of TF case oil (LSD diff oil)

bradc
11-07-2008, 12:05 AM
hey Mike, wanna come around tomorrow :D

I've got transfer case oil here, mine hasn't been changed for a while, gives a good excuse to do it all.

dickytim
11-07-2008, 01:10 AM
i'll pop around a bit earlier that I planned if you want and see if I can help. Still wont be until 2-2.30 tho.

bradc
11-07-2008, 01:11 AM
ok cool

VR4 MAD
11-07-2008, 02:09 AM

Can't agree more Brad. :scholar:

Absolutely wonderful service from Mac. Even personally delivered my body kit bits to ensure the couriers didn't get a chance to smash them. /rally

/toycar