PDA

View Full Version : ATF Replacement

abdielhiram
17-07-2008, 04:30 AM
i was reading about ATF Fluid for the Mitsubishi. My concern is what is the timeframe or criteria used to replace the ATF on a regular V6-24V Transmission? i've checked the level and seems pretty normal on the stick. The color is still red....
How should i proceed about that if i want to replace the ATF as a maintenance thing... I'm scared after my reading on the web about how sensitive is to use the appropiate fluid (SP-III if i'm not wrong) and kill my gearbox...

One more time - Thanks for any advice on this.

Robotnik123
17-07-2008, 04:39 AM
i was reading about ATF Fluid for the Mitsubishi. My concern is what is the timeframe or criteria used to replace the ATF on a regular V6-24V Transmission? i've checked the level and seems pretty normal on the stick. The color is still red....
How should i proceed about that if i want to replace the ATF as a maintenance thing... I'm scared after my reading on the web about how sensitive is to use the appropiate fluid (SP-III if i'm not wrong) and kill my gearbox...

One more time - Thanks for any advice on this.

Join as a full member. In the member's section there is a tutorial for changing ATF (on a VR-4 at least) and also the service schedule for the VR-4.

Anyway, as long as the ATF is still red you have little to worry about. No hurry to change I'd say.

abdielhiram
17-07-2008, 04:41 AM
Join as a full member. In the member's section there is a tutorial for changing ATF (on a VR-4 at least) and also the service schedule for the VR-4.

Anyway, as long as the ATF is still red you have little to worry about. No hurry to change I'd say.

How can i join if i have no cc or paypal :(

Paul Beazer
17-07-2008, 01:13 PM
PM a comittee member? Spirit or Kenneth may be able to help?

Spirit
17-07-2008, 01:54 PM
How can i join if i have no cc or paypal :(

Paypal appears to be available in Panama (to send money at least), so is there a particular reason you cannot set up an account ? Hope this helps.

abdielhiram
17-07-2008, 03:58 PM
Paypal appears to be available in Panama (to send money at least), so is there a particular reason you cannot set up an account ? Hope this helps.

Ok, let me go from there.... I´m just not familiar with paypal at all.
I think i can use the address you provide into other topic to send it trough them? it is the membership fee in USD equivalent to $40?

Please confirm..

Abdiel

abdielhiram
17-07-2008, 04:06 PM
Well, the thing is Paypal requires a Credit Card (Which i dont have) to setup the account and transfer the money...
Can i just send some kind of Western Union or Moneygram?