Some pictures from the above:

http://picasaweb.google.com/marcin.byd/FarnboroughAirShow2008I - first 500
http://picasaweb.google.com/marcin.byd/FarnboroughAirShow2008II - remaining 250

The best parts:
Begining of album 1 - A380
End of album 2 - Red Arrows

The Vee
21-07-2008, 10:56 AM
Awesome collection. Some of those shots are quite stunning - the clouds just add to all the colours with the arrows. Top Job

miller
21-07-2008, 11:04 AM
so close to the A380!!! thats cool!

Kieran
21-07-2008, 12:52 PM
Look at the Vulcan.... The best looking plane ever designed and it's great to see XH558 back in the air again! :thumbsup: Great Pictures Marcin! /GJ

Nevman
21-07-2008, 01:21 PM
Cheers guys, glad you like it.

Unfortunately on the lens I've had the AF did not work properly, hence some of the pictures are out of focus.

The most impressive were:
A380 - obviously
Eurofighter Typhoon - most agile plane of the show
Vulcan
Glider doing acrobatics - unbelievable guy
Russian JAKs
and Red Arrows - obviously

WITZ66
24-07-2008, 08:20 AM
Some great pictures there mate....

Why is it that whenever the Red Arrows are doin' their stuff I get a tremendous surge of patriotism and the urge to sing Rule Britannia..........

Nothing else seems to have that effect on me....

They roared over Basingstoke yesterday about quarter past 4 in the afternoon....made my day.

Nevman
24-07-2008, 08:42 AM
They roared over Basingstoke yesterday about quarter past 4 in the afternoon....made my day.

I live in Basingstoke but haven't seen them yesterday... I was in the bloody office... /pan /pan /pan

WITZ66
24-07-2008, 09:02 AM
I work over in Basingstoke, on the Chineham estate.....

They buzzed our office as I was leaving heading over towards Aldermaston.
Thought someone may have called in an airstrike....

chris g
24-07-2008, 12:30 PM
I am working at RAF Cranwell and when passing out parades/anniversaries or other notable events occur, we have a range of aircraft doing flybys, displays and mock battlefield exercises with helicopters

Typhoon regularly here (4 on one day in formation), Red Arrows and others inc Harriers, Tornado, Sentinel, VC10, TriStar, Chinooks, Hawks, various smaller training aircraft, Spitfire and full BBMF

Vulcan also flew by some weeks ago when moving from Waddinton IIRC to do some tests and a did a little banking to go over the Station

Quite a place to be for regular displays - last display inc Red Arrows who did a display for around 30 mins - longer I understand than reg public displays

Rekindled childhood interest in aviation...

Nevman
24-07-2008, 12:48 PM
I envy you Chris...

I work over in Basingstoke, on the Chineham estate.....

They buzzed our office as I was leaving heading over towards Aldermaston.
Thought someone may have called in an airstrike....
Chineham? Look out for silver VR4 over the weekends as we tend to shop in Tesco there on Sat - Sun :)

chris g
24-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Last Thursday was CFS Annual Reunion so flypast/aerobatics - Typhoon did a display with a Spitfire - quite a sight - one of the few trailed by current RAF fighter

Got a few pics of this, the whole display and prev visits/displays by the other aircraft - needed to have better lens to hand but sorted now - although legality of snapping whilst on MoD property is a little unclear...

Nevman
24-07-2008, 02:03 PM
Seeing Typhoon on the regular basis is really something I'd love to experience.
This plane is amazing! It's show in Farnborough was the best I've ever seen.
Typhoon is almost as good as F-22 if not more agile.
It's a pity that Poland has chosen F-16 instead of Eurofighter for their multi role aircraft. Politics...

chris g
24-07-2008, 05:18 PM
And to top things off, I deal with staff at RAF Coningsby where the Typhoon is based so there are flights constantly around us when I visit the Station.....

...and flights by the BBMF planes as they train/test etc around Coningsby

Nevman
24-07-2008, 06:32 PM
Nice... :D

chris g
24-07-2008, 06:35 PM
How can I post pictures on this thread?

Tried earlier but cannot follow symbols and put a photo in the post!

Nevman
24-07-2008, 06:51 PM
edit your post, go advanced and then upload pictures using uploader and paste the link into the message.

chris g
24-07-2008, 08:55 PM
Phot from recent display at Cranwell - resized but not as good as desired

Nevman
24-07-2008, 09:15 PM
I didn't know that spitty can pull gliders :D :D :D

But very nice shot mate.

chris g
24-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Glad you like the picture...

...they approached in line astern with Spitfire leading - from direction of RAF Coningsby - down the runway and then turned to circle and repeat the formation

As they turned, the Typhoon appeared below and behind the Spitfire but just a few feet away and seemed to be gliding, going so slowly compared to speed that it has reached prev when thundering over RAF Cranwell

As they came down runway, they parted and Typhoon went vertical and then did a brief display of aerobatics whilst Spitfire moved away from Cranwell to return a short time later for its own display as Typhoon shot away to Coningsby I assume

Have been looking ahead to the various air shows that we could visit but only having w/e to be at home, trips to air shows are a lower priority I am afraid