PDA

View Full Version : Dual exhaust from downpipes anyone?

Eagleton
21-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Has anyone done dual exhausts all the way back from the downpipes?

Did some searching, but all I can find is a few guys who splitted the pipes at the end.

TAR
21-07-2008, 07:02 PM
I dont think anyone has because there is only 1 lambda sensor for both banks of cylinders. If you split the exhaust from the manifold, you would need 2 lambda sensors.

I am sure someone will come along soon and explain properly.:happy:

Nutter_John
21-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Yep correct Tar , but this will only be needed when in closed loop mode , if you have a piggy back ecu like the MAP2 you can get that to output a value based from it's tables

Eagleton
21-07-2008, 09:09 PM
I see what you meen, Im going to run a Haltech stand-alone ECU with TD04´s and some other stuff. Havent really looked underneath the car properly, but it would be cool to have two pipes running under the car.

Turbo_Steve
21-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Nice idea, but not a whole lot of room to do it.
Also, I'd suggest it's not the optimal setup for a turbo-charged car anyway: All the "performance" exhausts for turbo-per-bank cars seem to incorporate some kind of balance pipe, which implies there are performance benefits to co-joining them somewhere (most likely pulse timing, as the tend to join towards the back of the car).

For the amount of effort, I don't think it's worth it.

stuey
22-07-2008, 02:44 AM
Many of the newer retro-fit peformance exhausts for the old yank V8 muscle cars have a crossover, or X pipe for balance between the two 2 dual systems.

bradc
22-07-2008, 07:06 AM
I'm keen on going with a full twin system, but it might be hard to fit it under the car.

jerryd_33
29-07-2008, 09:08 PM
What if the front bank was fitted with a slightly smaller diameter piping as to the rear?
might equalise on the exhaust back pressure.

bradc
30-07-2008, 10:18 AM
thats just trying to make something simple into a very complicated process!