PDA

View Full Version : LPG conversion?

Lanciaman
23-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Hi. Back around a year saying I want a Legnum! Can't get the idea out of my head so going to have to be done at some point. I need a car to tow a fairly big single axle caravan and the current Jeep Grand Cherokee V8 has died - well was murdered by the local garage......

Soooo, on the premise that we need an estate capable of taking the dogs and towing the van /Devil5

I see there is a post re towing so will take a look, but seems a manual tranny would be the best option. Would ideally like a Ralliart last of the line one's with the leather interior but did these come in manual?

Also, anyone converted one to run on LPG? The Jeep has a multipoint kit which in theory could be swapped over.
cheers

peter thomson
23-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Hi there are 2 converted ones on the forum at the moment .One has a BRC kit which is probably the best one to have or Prins.OMVL is another possibility but if the vapouriser is not rated to around 300BHP your kit will not be suitable for the Legnum or will change back to petrol when under high load. Auto's would be fine for towing with a tranmission cooler added.