PDA

View Full Version : Japfest 2004 - The Final Details

Spirit
11-03-2004, 06:19 PM
Thought I would put together all the various threads regarding Japfest and we can just add to this from now.

Okay, here goes. For anyone who has not seen already, Japfest 2004 is being held on Saturday May 22nd at the Castle Combe Circuit, near Chippenham (Wiltshire).

This event will always hold a special place in CVR4's heart as it was the first event we attended as a club in May 2003.

This year will be bigger and better than 2003, and CVR4 will be a major club attendee and has also got two track sessions booked. We have a stand for 30 cars reserved - but this will probably be limited to 25 cars max which will leave us room for a gazebo/seating area.

So, who is confirmed so far ? (i.e. they have paid!)

On The Stand:
1: Spirit979 (Pete)
2: Kieran
3: Zedy1 (Mo)
4: Bigdaveakers (Dave)
5: Borgan (Stephen)
6: Interlec (Derek)
7: Peterernest (Pete)
8: Simon
9: Adam Shaw
10: Brind (Mark)
11: Paul
12: Wirdy (Nigel)
13: Skipjack
14: Pudd (Paul)
15: Bonsai Boy (Graham)
16: Nick Mann
17: Chris G (may be non-Galant)
18: Stevie.C
19: BraindG (Barry)
20: Grex
21: Darren
22: Listy (Dave) - TBC
23: Polabear (Sean) - TBC
24:
25:

Track Sessions:
1: Spirit979 (Pete) - 2 track sessions
2: Kieran - 2 track sessions
3: Zedy1 (Mo) - 2 track sessions
4: BDA (Dave) - 2 track sessions
5: Borgan (Stephen) - 2 track sessions
6: Interlec (Derek) - 2 track sessions
7: Peterernest (Pete) - 1 track session
8: Simon - 2 track sessions
9: Brind (Mark) - 1 track session
10: Wirdy (Nigel) - 1 track session
11: Skipjack - 2 track sessions
12: Pudd (Paul) - 2 track sessions
13: Bonsai Boy (Graham) - 2 track sessions
14: Chris G - 2 track sessions
15: Barry - 2 track sessions
16: Gisky - 2 track sessions (Skyline R34 GTR - guest)

So can I still join the party? - The answer is yes (while there is still space available). To join the stand you will just need to buy entrance tickets on the day and let me know in advance so I can supply you with a vehicle pass. Tickets on the day are £10 per person.

I have two track sessions available also. These are for sale for £27.00 each ( first come first served). These are being sold by me as I paid out for them. **These are the only 2 GUARANTEED track slots left** - these are provisionally sold to a R34GTR owner

It is possible to have up to 20 cars on the track per session, and as a Club we may decide to sell some more track sessions, but this has yet to be decided - and if we do they will be at least £27.50 a session.

To wet your appetite here's a pic of the 1.85mile circuit:

http://www.trackdays.co.uk/shared/images/maps/Castle-combe-race-circuit.gif

Safeways Meet Before Japfest:

As with all our events, we like to meet before the event kicks off and turn up in convoy. Last year we met at a Safeways near the circuit and I see no reason not to do the same again.

So, we will depart Safeways at 8.30am prompt, so aim to get there between 8am and 8.30am. Details and directions to Safeways are:

SAFEWAYS
CHIPPENHAM
CEPEN PARK NORTH
CHIPPENHAM
WILTSHIRE
SN14 6UZ
01249 656992

From the M4 Junction 17 head south on A350 signposted Chippenham and Castle Combe race circuit. Dual carriageway for about 4 miles, through two sets of traffic lights (50 mph zone and police are hot here on circuit days!!!!!) at end of dual carriageway theres a roundabout, head right. At next roundabout, on your left is a Safeways super market with large car park!!!!! On the right is a Travel Lodge. It takes less than 10 minutes to get to the track from Safeways (and thats keeping to the speed limit). Safeway has a petrol station although if you desire super unleaded there's an Esso over the road next to the Travel Lodge.

To get to the track from Safeway.... out of Safeways car park back onto main road. Head left. Over 1st roundabout. At next, head right, signposted Bristol A420 and possibly Castle Combe. Stay on this road for a mile and a bit (past a Rover garage) and take next right turning for Castle Combe B4039. Stay on this road past Golf driving range on right and into village of Yatton Keynell(mentioned the police before but they are out in force normally on track meets and this 30mph zone is a hot spot!!!). Go through this village and a short distance past the village, "Castle Combe Race Circuit" will be on your left. Theres several entrances along this road but keep going and they normally use one of the last ones...we'll know when we hit the queue!! If we manage to get to Castle Combe Petrol station we've gone too far !

After party PARTY ?

Some attendees are talking about booking a hotel/B+B/Travel Lodge type place for the Saturday night too so we can have a few drinks and recover from what for many will be a long day. More info to come on this.

People Interested In Staying Saturday Night:
1: Interlec (Derek)
2: Kieran
3: Bigdaveakers (Dave)
4: Barry
5: Paul
6: ChrisG (TBC)
7: Wirdy
8: Pudd

Well that just about cover's it so far. Post here any other questions/comments etc and PM/Email me for the advance tickets/track sessions if you want them. If they are not sold by the middle of April I will be selling them elsewhere to recover my losses - but that will mean a non-CVR4 member joining us on track so I would prefer someone here buys them ;)

Pete

P.S. ALL THE TICKETS/PASSES DO NOT GET SENT TO ME UNTIL NEAR THE DAY ITSELF SO PLEASE BE PATIENT

SGHOM
12-03-2004, 09:46 PM
can we start a list of the number of people who may want to stop overnight ?? [ IE; sat night ].
As it will be a 5.AM start for me on the Saturday, [200 mile trip ] I may be inclined to stop the night & have a couple of half's, before a cup of cocoa & an early night !! :$ :$
Maybe Simon could find us somewhere to stay ??

Spirit
12-03-2004, 10:56 PM
I will add a new section to the main post for you Derek

Kieran
12-03-2004, 11:00 PM
Interested in staying too (2 of us).

enigma
12-03-2004, 11:02 PM
2 to beam up.......errr I mean stay! :D

Spirit
12-03-2004, 11:49 PM
Welcome aboard starship VR4....*cough* updated guys ;)

GREX
15-03-2004, 01:22 PM
Any chance we can get a stand pass?
My father has a 2003 VR4, manual with quite a few extras. It is supposed to be the last Mitsh registered VR4 in UK? We have sent off our details to join the club, but missed the previous forums to put our names down for this show :noshake:

Spirit
15-03-2004, 06:52 PM
Hi Grex

No problem - you're name is down for the stand. Did you want the two spare entrance tickets I have for £6.00 each (instead of the £10.00 each on the day) ?

And are you interested in any track time?

Regards

Pete

GREX
16-03-2004, 02:58 PM
Yes please 2 tickets would be great. I'll check with my father tonight to see if he wants any circuit time, but I don't think he will as the VR4 is a little too new.

Spirit
16-03-2004, 07:17 PM
Was going to PM you with my details Grex but seems you have disabled PM's - need you to forward me a cheque for £12 so I can take them off the market :-D

Please email me to confirm tickets/track time and I will reply with my address:

pete@clubvr4.co.uk

Regards

Pete

Spirit
21-03-2004, 11:24 PM
Any more takers ? It's only 2 months away now ;) :-D :-D

PAUL
22-03-2004, 11:33 AM
We are up for staying sat night too.
I will bring the JD.

Spirit
22-03-2004, 06:49 PM
We are up for staying sat night too.
I will bring the JD.

Added you to the list mate ;)

Spirit
27-03-2004, 06:09 PM
Polabear with his V6 Galant Estate added to the stand list.

Just 4 places left on the stand !

Grex - not had your £12 for the 2 advance tickets yet ??

T O Nutter - do you want a place and the track time you originally asked for ?

Spirit
29-03-2004, 10:33 PM
Due to personal reasons Polabear has had to withdraw :(

chris g
05-04-2004, 08:01 PM
Pete

Due to no sale yet, it looks like I will be in VR-4

And for the interest of the overnighters, costs permitting, there is a hotel close to our supermarket meeting point

I know so because we stopped o/n prior to last years JapFest - only few minutes from Supermarket

Forgot name of it though - someone will need to check details

We may stop over again but due to uncertainty over car had not booked anything at all - for night before or night of event

If we do stop over for either night, it would be nice to have us all together?

Chris

Darren
05-04-2004, 10:12 PM
Lisa and I will be coming to Castle Coombe. Can we be on the stand? Do I just pay at the event etc ?

wirdy
05-04-2004, 10:21 PM
Pete,
Add another to the 'staying over' list. Cheers.

Spirit
06-04-2004, 11:33 PM
Lisa and I will be coming to Castle Coombe. Can we be on the stand? Do I just pay at the event etc ?

Darren - no problems - have added you to the stand mate ;) You will just need to pay the £10 per person entrance fee - no charge for the stand and I will supply you with a car pass at the time

Spirit
06-04-2004, 11:34 PM
Chris and Nigel - have added you to the list of potental over nighters ;)

Brind
06-04-2004, 11:36 PM
You can still buy advanced tickets from the Jafest website can't you?

Spirit
06-04-2004, 11:52 PM
Looks like it mate - well spotted - click HERE (http://www.carmags.co.uk/index2.html)

£8 each instead of £10 on the day

PUDD
08-04-2004, 01:23 AM
yeah pete,lesa and i will be staying over too ;)

Spirit
08-04-2004, 07:19 AM
Thanks Paul - have updated the list - it might be an idea for someone to start looking into this right now as I am sure many other people will be having the same idea about staying over

Spirit
18-04-2004, 07:28 AM
Have penciled in Listy and Polabear for the stand, both are TBC still though.

This leaves just 2 empty spaces on the stand - who is going to fill them ???

Spirit
25-04-2004, 11:48 PM
Saw Richieelliott's girlfriend Friday night and looks like he is home Japfest week, but they are moving house the day before Japfest......but I reminded her to tell him to come and she says knowing him he will. Maybe another one for the stand/track.....but he has had issues with the car, but will let him tell you about that when he has chance.