PDA

View Full Version : Broken Box

Polabear
11-03-2004, 08:42 PM
Thanks for the replies guys, inanswer to Kieran's question, the problem with the box was when stopping at a junction then going to pull away nothing would happen, apart from a rather large increase in revs then all of a sudden away she would go.....rather disconcerting at the best of times.

So after checking the box fluid level and making sure it was looking clean I took it into the dealers (it had to go back for some minor warranty work anyway) they checked the fluid level again and reported it down 0.6Ltr but not enough to cause what I described, anyway after extensive road test they managed to re-create the fault and informed me that I needed a new box :( its in the shop right now.

It appears that everyone junks the Std air filter in favour of a new K&N is that correct ? it would appear that this gives better fuel consumption, any other suggestions to better the fuel figures, don't get me wrong I'm not tight in any way but every little helps, but all in all I love it and am very happy with it.

Pola.