PDA

View Full Version : Audi A6 2.7 T - anyone have experience of these?

ritch_w
30-07-2008, 08:03 AM
been offered an Audi A6 2.7T Quattro Sport in PX against my Outlander (stuck it on pistonheads to see if it was worth selling now everything is sorted).

has anyone ever driven one of these or know about them? from what research i have done they look to be similar to the vr4 - 4wd, auto/tip, v6 twin turbo, not quite as powerful as vr4 and probably more luxury/comfort orientated.

this is the car i have been offered;
http://www.usedcarsni.com/17170564
has fsh etc, the guy is rather keen to come over from NI to see mine this week, but i think it will be running costs that put me off - 23mpg, known issues with MAFs failing and occasionally autoboxes (£4500 replacement from audi). Tax goes up to £400 on these next year too. my heart says broom broom get it, head says stick with the LPG Outlander for cheap motoring.

any advice - is it a bargain? is it a potential money trap?

cheers!

my car here;
http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/633549.htm

I-S
30-07-2008, 08:15 AM
You'll be rid of it in 6 months because of running costs, with the attendant loss from changing cars.

pezza
30-07-2008, 09:07 AM
I was looking at these a while back but the maintenance / parts are scarier than the VR4. I would stick with the outlander esp with the LPG conversion and the imminent tax changes.

bradc
30-07-2008, 09:11 AM
Come back to the fold and get yourself another type of twin turbo V6 :D

ritch_w
30-07-2008, 01:23 PM
You'll be rid of it in 6 months because of running costs, with the attendant loss from changing cars.
yes - you are absolutely right....

I was looking at these a while back but the maintenance / parts are scarier than the VR4. I would stick with the outlander esp with the LPG conversion and the imminent tax changes.
as above i'm going off the idea somewhat, I reckon VR4s are up against it with rising fuel costs etc, these are going to be worse and even harder to shift once the £400 tax kicks in.

The outlander is fine and economical to run - I'm just hankering for another Galant! (again!!!)

Come back to the fold and get yourself another type of twin turbo V6 :D
I could easily be persuaded with a manual v6 galant estate or manual VR4 ;)

I-S
30-07-2008, 01:26 PM
What about an LPG converted Subaru Legacy 3.0R Spec B manual? Consumption will be similar to your outlander, flat-6 engine, 6-speed box, etc... I was looking at this idea before I got the honda.

I-S
30-07-2008, 01:32 PM
Oh yes, forgot to say also that I've driven some A4s, and hated them all. So lifeless to drive... I don't know if the A6 is similar, but other VAG cars I've driven were.

AncientOfMu
30-07-2008, 01:55 PM
I could easily be persuaded with a manual v6 galant estate or manual VR4 ;)

well I currently have one for sale.....

;)

ritch_w
30-07-2008, 03:44 PM
well I currently have one for sale.....

;)
u looking for an LPG car?

AncientOfMu
30-07-2008, 04:20 PM
u looking for an LPG car?

fraid not :(.

I have the V6 a VR on the way and the golf.

the golf is economical enough.

if you sell the outlander though just thought id point out i have a manual Vr for sale :)