PDA

View Full Version : FS: Blitz Realize-TT exhaust

Kieran
30-07-2008, 05:14 PM
I'm changing my exhuast and going the custom route as I want something that flows like the Realize-TT does, but sounds more like a standard car. I could modify the Blitz, which is certainly the cheaper option but I don't really think it's the solution I want.

So... here's what I propose.

If anyone does fancy the Blitz, let me know and once I have a committment to buy I will measure up and purchase the parts I need to create my new exhaust. Then, once that's all fitted the Blitz is yours.

Exhaust details:

Construction:

3" Cat-Back system.
The pipe to the backbox is constructed of mild steel and has no resonators or silencers. The backbox is stainless and has a 115mm tip with a Blitz Logo on it.

Noise:
When I first fitted the sytem I still had the standard downpipes and cat. I was noise tested at Castle Combe with the following results:

93dBa @ 4500rpm (No load) Measured 1 meter from the tailpipe.

With the TSL sportscat in place and Pro-Shop IIda downpipes it is considerably louder - I haven't had it measured since.

In terms of tone - With Standard Downpipes & cat it sounds similar to the Fujitsubo Legalis-R at idle, perhaps a little louder and not quite as smooth but certainly a deeper sound. When Ariadne is fully warmed up, the note is a soft 'WugWugWugWug' sound.

When opened up, and especially if you have the boost turned up, the exhaust rasps, bellows and has a air-shearing sound not unlike the HKS Super Drager.

Performance:
If you have standard downpipes, cat and are running standard boost, do not expect any performance benefits. Certainly I didn't! However - as soon as you open up the breathing (With a decat/sports cat, boost, etc), it really comes alive and you can feel the extra grunt over the standard unit.

Usage/condition:
Fitted September 2006.
I estimate that the exhuast has about 8500 miles on it.
As far as I know there's no scrawks or scrapes. As it's mild there is a small bit of surface rust. Should the buyer wish I am happy to rub this down, apply a lick of rust killer and give it another coat of silver VHT paint.

Note:
The system is fitted with a 3" Cat flange - This was a customisation to keep the pipework diameter equal between the blitz and my TSL Sports cat (The original flange reduces down to the standard size just before it joins the cat). Therefore I cannot guarantee that the exhaust will offer up and hang correctly with a standard system. Unfortunately I don't have the original flange anymore, but most powerflow places should be able to sort this out should you wish.

If you want to hear the exhaust in action it will remain on my car untill sold, so if you're seriously interested I am happy to provide a demo, though you will be a passenger/observer only.

And the price?

Back in 2006 the exhaust cost me aproximately £500 via TakaKaira. The actual exhaust costs about half that, it's the shipping that's the killer. Although used and customised, it still has a good amount of service life left in it.

I will accept £200.
Please note that this price is non-negotiable.

Reply here or PM if you're interested. Thankyou for looking!

chris vr4
30-07-2008, 07:11 PM
wud u sell it seperate as i need a centre section as mine has got holes in.

Kieran
30-07-2008, 10:34 PM
wud u sell it seperate as i need a centre section as mine has got holes in.

Sorry, complete system only.

The centre section on the Blitz follows a slightly different line to the backbox and has the join in a different place compared to a standard one anyway.

psbarham
31-07-2008, 06:56 AM
its a shame that won't fit the V6, 3" is a tad big for a N/A /Grrr

pezza
31-07-2008, 09:29 AM
I dont even have a VR anymore and I want this exhaust LOL. :thinking:

Will it fit on the 5? (Be Quiet PSB /pan )

It has a deep rich muted sound on tickover.

Good luck with sale...I am surprised it aint gone already :inquisiti

Kieran
31-07-2008, 09:38 AM
/Hijack

Ooooh, is that an E39 you have there Derek? Do tell more! :afro:

pezza
31-07-2008, 11:40 AM
/Hijack

Ooooh, is that an E39 you have there Derek? Do tell more! :afro:

Hey OT /pan

I will reveal all about it soon :-)

Kieran
01-08-2008, 12:11 PM
Sold, subject to collection and payment. :)