PDA

View Full Version : Greetings everyone

Delzx7r
31-07-2008, 08:44 AM
Just joined after having been recommended to this area by a good friend of mine!
My name is Del and I'm picking up my Legnum VR-4 on Saturday morning from Car Planet in Warrington! I`ve always liked Legnums so I`m looking forward to getting to know their ins and outs through the guys and girls on here! :3d:

martin_y
31-07-2008, 08:52 AM
Just bought one, so newbie as well, but..

Welcome to the forum !

Delzx7r
31-07-2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks Martin...I had an Evo up to last year but couldn't really afford the 4mpg I was getting so I had a break for twelve months with a Mitsi Grandis Super Exceed which is very nice but won't go round corners!...

Kieran
31-07-2008, 09:36 AM
Welcome Del! Hope you enjoy the car and find our little site useful!

elibellylove
31-07-2008, 11:44 AM
Hi Del welcome from a fellow newbie
and fellow biker too :d
good luck with your new car
regards Ellie

miller
31-07-2008, 11:51 AM
Welcome aboard!

Nick VR4
31-07-2008, 11:57 AM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

You will have a big grin on Saturday Morning then :D

Delzx7r
31-07-2008, 12:29 PM
Hi and Welcome to the forum

You will have a big grin on Saturday Morning then :D

Er....Yep..I think so!...Really looking forward to getting the Legnum...Car Planet are really good...They're replacing the front discs ( The dreaded shudder was present ) and also fitting a turbo-timer...I made the mistake of not having one on the Evo and I think the turbo was developing a problem!

TAR
31-07-2008, 03:18 PM
/Welcome

Delzx7r
31-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Unfortunate news...Bit of a delay while a couple of oil leaks are sorted out so I won't be picking the car up on Saturday after all!...Still better these things are found now than in a few months time eh?

elnevio
31-07-2008, 07:13 PM
/Welcome2!

They sound like good people at Car Planet.

And you're one of the few people coming to a VR-4 from something doing less MPG! (ignoring the Grandis of course...)

Hope the additional wait won't be too painful!

Delzx7r
31-07-2008, 08:28 PM
Thanks for the welcome!.....I`d recommend car planet to anyone! They are very helpful and Albert Yeung ( The guy who runs the business ) refuses to let a car go without making sure it is working perfectly!...The Evos they have in there are all immaculate!..I've never seen a duff one yet and their service is second to none!

valleyforge1
07-08-2008, 07:09 PM
/Welcome2 Hope everything goes ok with the car.

Are you in the Lancashire area,if so, are you going to the meet at Wigan on the 17th August

gixer599
07-08-2008, 07:36 PM
/Welcome2 to the club, What ninja do you ride? /Welcome

Delzx7r
10-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Sorry for the late replies......I'm based in Merseyside but spend 90% of my time in North Wales...
I have a factory spec. 7RR but I can't ride it anymore because we were in a V. Bad accident last year in which my son-in-law ( riding a 7R ) was knocked off by a lorry on our way to Betws and suffered major brain damage so it took the wind out of my sails so to speak!
Anyway..I doubt I`ll get to many meets because I work weird hours and never seem to get a weekend off!

Got the VR-4 last Friday and I MUST say I'm impressed!...I seem to be getting about the same MPG that I got in the Grandis but feel a lot more confident on twisty roads than I did in the "Bus" as it was known!

The Legnum is a very good ride really for a car with such performance! The ride isn't as harsh as my Evo was but it's certainly a lot less wallowy than the Grandis!

I've started work on cleaning the engine-bay up ( it was dusty ) and it's looking a lot better than it did when I got it!...I need to get a replacement engine cover or repair the one that's fitted 'cause it's in a bit of a state...but that's no major deal!...
The body looks to be in excellent condition but my wife hates the colour ( Trigger Mauve )...I quite like it...especially at night when the street lights are on it!...All in all a good buy I think and I`m looking forward to owning it for a good while!

The Vee
10-08-2008, 01:16 PM
Welcome to the forums Del. Glad you're enjoying the car.

Nick Mann
10-08-2008, 02:55 PM
All engine covers have cracks in them. It's not natural to see a VR4 with an intact engine cover!

Glad you are enjoying the car. Hope it stays that way! :D

SGHOM
10-08-2008, 03:09 PM
It's not natural to see a VR4 with an intact engine cover!

:thinking: :pimp2: :pimp2: :scholar:

Delzx7r
10-08-2008, 03:53 PM
Not much yet....But it WILL be

Bazlightyear
10-08-2008, 08:38 PM
So now I know what it looks like.

Just to warn everyone on the forum with a guitar, DONT LET Del ANYWHERE NEAR IT. He WILL set fire to it whilst playing anything from Jimi Hendrix. :guitarist

See ya soon bugger lugs,

Barry

Delzx7r
10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Yeah........Must try to avoid that " Cross Town Taffic " eh?....CYA soon Baz...When I've got the car sorted to my liking!.....I'll call you next time I'm off!
Del

P.S..... Been more into Zep and Garry Moore for a few years now!....Still do Voodoo Chile tho!