PDA

View Full Version : Bank has cancelled my DD

pitslayer
04-08-2008, 04:36 PM
Whats the score with this seriously ****ED! OFF now, it seems HSBC have decided that i should no longer be payiing my insurance and cancelled my direct debit for it.
whats the law on that, i havnt asked them to cancel it. they have just smeared my perfect credit rating with 2 defaults and cancelling DD, and lost my £65 in admin charges.
if they had cancelled my DD for like my tv i wouldnt be so bothered i would set it back up again, but my insurance on the car FFS! dont want to drive it now incase my policy gets cancelled, and i end up being banned for no insurance.

Nutter_John
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
They will have a clause in your T&C's that they do not need to pay Direct Debits if the debit will take you beyond your available funds , after three times they will cancel the DD

read carefully your terms and ensure you have enough funds in your account at all times ,if you had more than enough money in there to cover it then just complain and report tham

Kieran
04-08-2008, 04:42 PM
Did they send you a letter explaining why? Had the DD been going out as normal before now?

pitslayer
04-08-2008, 04:54 PM
DD has been going at as normal. i just checked my account
27july-£50.11 in credit
so with my overdraught i have £150 available
in fact here you go shows i have ample money to cover it
28 Jul DD AMBER SELECT LIMI 88.98 38.87 D
28 Jul BP MASTERCARD 40.00 50.11
26 Jul TFR INTERNET TRANSFE 50.00 90.11

and ive only had one DD refused and that was last month for amber again, where again i had ample money.
been on the phone to amber today, and they havnt cancelled the DD, and i havnt

Nutter_John
04-08-2008, 05:01 PM
phone up the bank and demand an explanation for the none payment

TAR
04-08-2008, 05:07 PM
/pan If thats your bank account and sort code in there, I would blank it out!!

pitslayer
04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
was tranfer no and sort code, wasnt account no

im going in tomo and going to go nuts with them, they can get onto is it experian and sort out my credit rating aswell, not having it ruined by them

Throbbe
04-08-2008, 08:26 PM
Did they cancel your overdraft when you went over before? Even so, I'm pretty sure they'd have to notify you.

pitslayer
05-08-2008, 12:36 AM
nope, never really been over my overdraught. and if if i was only by a few quid. this is rediculous

Paul Beazer
05-08-2008, 02:08 PM
Have you tried actually speaking to the bank about this rather than posting on here?
They should notify you that payment has been refused and why.

pitslayer
21-08-2008, 01:06 AM
so back on the 5th i spoke to Amber credit, who confirmed by DD had been cancelled. The lady then said she will set the DD back up and take the payment ou of my account on the 14th of august.
I have just got another letter through of them, saying i owe £120 or face cancellation of my policy and debt collectors. so im a bit confused, check my bank online, £150 in credit with no attempt what so ever by amber credit to take there payment from my bank.
So they havnt set up my DD, made no attempt to take the money from my account then send me a ****ty letter, over something which is there fault.
Im not happy, on one side ive got the bank cancelling my DD, and on the other side ive got amber not setting up a DD after saying they have done and chase me for money.
so far because of these pair of bastards i now have 4 defaults against me and over 100 quid in "admin charges" through no fault of my own, im good with my finances and i check on this kind of thing.
not happy!

Paul Beazer
21-08-2008, 02:10 PM
Have you tried actually speaking to the bank about this rather than posting on here?
They should notify you that payment has been refused and why.

pitslayer
22-08-2008, 01:07 AM
no this time its amber who said
"yes we have your DD setup"
yet have made no attempt to get it from my bank, it would show up on my statement, it hasnt.

miller
22-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Pits,

If the bank has already cancelled a company's DD then they have to be notified by you to re-accept the DD. Its not just a case of asking Amber to reapply. Amber Select will be on your banks 'do not pay' list until you instruct them otherwise

pitslayer
22-08-2008, 11:23 AM
ive recieved nothing of them, all the person on the phone told me, was teh DD was set back up, ive not recieved anything to sign or to resetup the DD nor have i been asked to...and to top it all off, gues what i got today....another letter of Sky, payment not recieved again..
so i guessing this month, they are expecting me to pay £88.98x2 plus £35, plus £40, or £250. they taking the mick,
bank cancels DD dont inform me
Amber says yes we have set back up DD, you dont need to do anything
2 weeks later they are expecting £250 off me, after they screw up

orionn2o
22-08-2008, 01:08 PM
if i were you i would start at the source which appears to be your bank.. go and see a personal banker up there and explain all this.

pitslayer
22-08-2008, 03:38 PM
ive given up on it, my mum set a DD up in her name at her bank and ill pay her every month its easier.
although i would like to say thanks to lisa who works there, about the only human being there who understands whats happening.

pitslayer
04-09-2008, 04:35 PM
Done lots of ringing about today. Turns out that the bank isnt allowed to cancel a DD even if it is in terms and conditions
checked only one payment missed
bank cancelled DD
bank says they are allowed to and have notified me
Bacs say this isnt allowed and they govern the banks and a few other places has said the same.
so will be seeking back all charges from amber for missed payments

just everyone who has got something wrong wont admit to it

Nevman
04-09-2008, 07:50 PM
And damages and to bring your credit score up to excellent again :)
Fight for your rights.
If people were giving up so easily, communism would be all over the world these days :D :D :D

Kieran
04-09-2008, 08:18 PM
If people were giving up so easily, communism would be all over the world these days :D :D :D

And Remember!

In the UK, you cancel Direct Debit.

In Soviet Russia, Direct Debit cancels YOU!!

Nevman
04-09-2008, 08:21 PM
In Russian bank: (phonetical russian) nie pripadiot i nie paluczisz
which means: your money wont get lost but you'll never see them again :)

miller
04-09-2008, 08:38 PM
just everyone who has got something wrong wont admit to it

what exactly are you trying to blame the bank for?

turbos whining?

pitslayer
05-09-2008, 12:04 AM
yes iam blaming them for that, infact i will ring them tomorow about my turbo whine, infact i bet its there fault my battery is going flat aswell.......HSBC just you wait /bat